Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a while since I had to buy 4 tyres.

I'm a bit low on tread but not illegal but it transpires that I failed the MOT because I have a cut in a side wall.

Anyway - having looked at recommended tyres on here I was looking at Pirellis, Bridgestones or Continentals.

I had previously asked the Audi garage (where it was going for its MOT) - "How much for 4 tyres?" and the answer was close to £1200!

So I had a look around.

It appears that the best way to buy tyres nowadays is to buy them on-line and have them delivered somewhere for fitting.

If found Pirellis on Black Circles for £924 (£231 a corner). Bridgestones on Tesco Tyres for £952 (£238 a corner).

The best deal I could find was for Continentals at Tyresavings. com for £827 (£206+ a corner).

When I told the Audi Guy these prices he asked to re-quote and came back and told me that they just can't get anywhere near them and to "go for it". What gives?

Now, I know there will be people out there thinking "How much is he paying? I can get them for less" but I honestly tried my best.

Could I have got a better deal??

(Very) Dumb Tony

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I've just renewed two rear tyres 245/40/18's for £324 Pirelli P Zero Rosso's all in at a local garage in Swansea, prices sounding very steep to me. Audi will overcharge on everything including tyres [smiley=gossip.gif]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn!!

I thought I'd been pretty comprehensive in the info I gave but I never mentioned that........... I have 19" wheels. That's sure to make a difference.

The other thing was that.... When I went to visit the Black Circles fitting station they told me that the prices were going up 30% (Yes 30%) on 1st August. Could be true or maybe just a ruse to get me to buy??

DT

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The Hankook K117 are well priced on Camskill, and are a very good tyre, especially in the dry.
The Goodyear Assy 2, are a very good all-rounder at around 200 pounds.
I see they have some Mich PS2 cheap as well.
I personally will be fitting the Mich Super Sports, but I also like PZero's, ( not Rosso) and Hankooks

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I have goodyear Asymetric 2's for £210 each which was 245/35/19 do you have 255/35/19 ? found a few examples below.

Falken tyre tyre Falken 255/35R19 FALKEN FK452 96Y XL 255 35 R19 Y FK452 £164.81

Continental 255/35ZR19 CO SPT 3 96Y XL RO1 255 35 R19 Y SPT 3 £201.48

GOODYEAR 255/35R19 96Y F1 ASYMMETRIC 2
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is the latest in Goodyear's Ultra High Performance summer tyre line-up. It is a tyre that is designed to exceed the high expectations set by the success of its predecessor, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Home Delivered (+p&p) £205.09 Per Tyre

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
yes Costco quoted me good price too 8)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I always find the cheapest way to get tyres is to buy the tyres ONLY online from either Camskill Performance or LoveTyres (as someone already mentioned) delivered to your address. Then get your local garage to fit them to the wheels. Most will do it for a tenner cash - each wheel which includes balancing, disposal, valve and fitment.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
scottleonard101 said:
Jamo8 said:
I've just renewed two rear tyres 245/40/18's for £324 Pirelli P Zero Rosso's all in at a local garage in Swansea, prices sounding very steep to me. Audi will overcharge on everything including tyres [smiley=gossip.gif]
what garage is that? I may have to pay them a visit!
Let me know if you are ever around the Swansea area looking for tyres and I will point you in the right direction :wink: :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cost of tyres is also being squeezed by the methods used to actually make them and the EU are toughening up on hard oil/rubber being usedin the processes as it's not eco friendly... quelle surprise! So the cost will obviously be passed on to the consumer... Buying on line is best and then taking said tyres to independent garage, someone who's not going to damage your wheels in the fitting process! And don't rule out eBay either if it's one or two you're after...

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
kwik Fit (or kwik sh1t) arn't normally that cheap or competent. I only say that as they made a hash of my wheel years ago. Ended up damaging it. Then tried to tell me i needed 2 tyres when infact i only needed 1. Apparently i had an invisible puncture which only they could see? either that or they were trying to scam me? :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.