Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new style RS4 reps , they do have budget tyres in the way of accelera , these are not a rotation tyre, so on one side the tread pattern goes forward then the other side they will go the other , wil this be right. The sticker on the tyre says for best performance run them directional :? Didnt realy want these tyres but that was all this place had with the deal on the wheels and said they are a quite good tyre, anyone else running non direction tyres, any advice would be good. cheers

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
rob40 said:
Just got my new style RS4 reps , they do have budget tyres in the way of accelera , these are not a rotation tyre, so on one side the tread pattern goes forward then the other side they will go the other , wil this be right. The sticker on the tyre says for best performance run them directional :? Didnt realy want these tyres but that was all this place had with the deal on the wheels and said they are a quite good tyre, anyone else running non direction tyres, any advice would be good. cheers
Doesn't add up to me mate. Don't understand what's goin on there.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
rob40 said:
They've just put all the tyres on the same way instead of allowing for near/offside fitment...get them changed over

Matt

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its all making sense now :? There is no rotation arrows but the wording front and back on the tyre walls . These are called asimetric tyres the inner tread and outer tread are different and can be put on any corner of the car , all new to me as always had rotation tyres . so they are right. As long as the back is to the back and front to the front of the wheel :? shall have to fook em a bit quick and new ones :p as dont like anything i have not heard of in the way of tyres
http://www.ctyres.co.uk/tyre_info/asime ... tyres.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.