Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered 4 of the new Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 6 tyres which supersede the 5s. Looked at Black Circles but much cheaper at Kwikfit with their special offer of 10% off using code TYRESALES.

£669 including valves and balancing. Will report back as to how they compare with the existing Hankook Ventus tyres.

Will be taking pre fit photos of alloys and bodywork before I let Kwikfit loose. Not had problems with them in the past but you never know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve just replaced some Falken 510s with the 6’s, the difference is night and day in relation to grip, especially in the wet

no noticeable difference in road noise

·
Registered
TTS Ara Blue DSG
3 Posts
Do folk fit 255/35/19 instead of 245’s? as they seem to be quite a bit cheaper than 245’s with minimal effect on the rolling radius and with a 9 inch rim they are an ideal fitment

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've had several sets of Fi Asy's and liked them and now have 5's on my TTS 19"s. I find them very good, slightly smoother ride, but noticeably more road noise. They do have rim protection though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Running the 5's in 255/30R20 on the RS and very happy with them all round.

Don't find them that noisy, but I was coming from the OEM Pirelli P Zeros

Reactions: Molinos

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the Asy 6s are now fitted and the difference between these and the Hankooks is significant. The most noticeable difference is the lack of road noise. OK, the Hankooks were nearing the end of their lives but even so. The ride feels more refined and the grip is excellent, although I haven’t tried them at any great speed yet. My current car is a 2 litre 2wd s line so I can’t comment on how well they would work on a Quattro, but imagine they would be great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Out of Interest has anyone had experience with Kuhmo Ecsta 71's /91's they are meant to have a more square side wall so fill out the arch more ? If not any other recommendations for tyres with a larger side wall that will also help with rim protection!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts