Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've scoured the site for tyre advice. My TTRS came with Toyo Proxes and i have to sat I was pretty impressed with the 12k miles they lasted. The last few days I made the most of their lack of tread (just legal of course).

Well, to the point, I plumped for Pirelli P Zero Rosso and after 100-odd miles I am very pleased.

I had them on my B7 RS4 and was pretty happy.

£210 each corner wasn't too bad either - Bracknell Tyres in Bracknell.

Hope that helps anyone looking for tyres.

M

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Hodgster said:
Hi,

I've scoured the site for tyre advice. My TTRS came with Toyo Proxes and i have to sat I was pretty impressed with the 12k miles they lasted. The last few days I made the most of their lack of tread (just legal of course).

M
I have Toyo Proxes on 19" wheels on my 1.8 TFSI. Is 12,000 miles the norm as I would have thought you'd get 20,000 plus miles on new tyres (unless of course you've been naughty that is!) ? :) :?:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I managed 28,000miles from my vredestian ultra sessanta's. Best all round tyre I've had and at £160.00 a bargain!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
maxamus007 said:
I managed 28,000miles from my vredestian ultra sessanta's. Best all round tyre I've had and at £160.00 a bargain!
Now that seems a little more like it! :)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I've still got mine on and the car has done 20,000 miles, and they still have plenty of tread left.
Rosso's are not sporty enough for me,it will be the Super Sports very soon

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi guys,

My TTRS has Toyo tyres and I'm at 13,000 miles and all 4 look more worn on the indide of the tyre, but there's plenty of thread over the rest of the tyres. I have MRC S1 but still get ~ 32-34 mpg, so I don't think it's my driving style.

Any one else found this with their tyres/set up of their car, particularly on a TTRS?

I'm hoping I can get to my first service @ 18,000 miles before I have to fork out £1 K on a new set.

Thanks,

Mad.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
my fronts started wearing on the inside,so I had the tracking checked and swapped fronts to the rear.
The insides are very low ,but the centers have 4mm at the rear,maybe more on the front.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mad chemist said:
Hi guys,

My TTRS has Toyo tyres and I'm at 13,000 miles and all 4 look more worn on the indide of the tyre, but there's plenty of thread over the rest of the tyres. I have MRC S1 but still get ~ 32-34 mpg, so I don't think it's my driving style.

Any one else found this with their tyres/set up of their car, particularly on a TTRS?

I'm hoping I can get to my first service @ 18,000 miles before I have to fork out £1 K on a new set.

Thanks,

Mad.
It's not your driving style, mine wore more so on the inside too.......I do drive it pretty hard, pretty much all of the time without traction on.....how can't you :) ?

I am happy to get 10k miles out of a set....28k miles......your threshold of fun must be low :)

340 horses AWD vs 200 horses WD must have a bearing on the wear rate too??

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I don't do track days. I don't really thrash it from a standing start. I do like the kick down feature but most of the time I drive civilised and chilled. Hence why I manage high mileage from my tyres :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hodgster said:
Hi,

Well, to the point, I plumped for Pirelli P Zero Rosso and after 100-odd miles I am very pleased.

M
:eek: I just renewed two rear tyres Pirelli P Zero Rosso's £165 each at a local tyre dealer :wink:

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's not your driving style, mine wore more so on the inside too.......I do drive it pretty hard, pretty much all of the time without traction on.....how can't you :) ?

I am happy to get 10k miles out of a set....28k miles......your threshold of fun must be low :)

340 horses AWD vs 200 horses WD must have a bearing on the wear rate too??[/quote]

Hi Hodgster,

Thanks for your input. I do enjoy the car, but it's getting increasingly more difficult due to traffic congestion in the south east these days. Having 605 nM TQ might have a bearing on the wear rate :p

Mad.

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jamo8 said:
Hodgster said:
Hi,

M
:eek: I just renewed two rear tyres Pirelli P Zero Rosso's £165 each at a local tyre dealer :wink:
That was a bit "ner ner ner ner"....do you have 255/35/19? :?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hodgster said:
My TTRS came with Toyo Proxes and i have to sat I was pretty impressed with the 12k miles they lasted.
My TTS came with the same tyres - managed 17.5k out of them, but that's practically all M1 rush hour driving. Managed to get 25.5k out of the Continental Sport Contact 3's I replaced them with (again, same journey). £900 for a set of tyres isn't cheap, even when you get that many miles!

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Hodgster said:
What benefit do you get from switching off the ESP?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hodgster said:
Jamo8 said:
Hodgster said:
Hi,

M
That was a bit "ner ner ner ner"....do you have 255/35/19? :?
:lol: not at all mate....no tyres are 245/40/18 :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts