Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved the car out of the garage.... DIS say ambient temp is 18.5 but my Liquid shows my intake temp at 24.... i would have thought they would be the same as its been sat over night. Dirty/ faulty sensor.....?????

thoughts??

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Isn't the Intake sensor 'inside' just after the throttle and the ambient sensor down by the front grille? If the engine was off I'd expect them to be about the same but surely it must be cooler 'outside.'

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
Hi, Check temps without starting engine. :roll: :wink:
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sensor is just after the TB and I hadn't started the engine so no heat been produced at all !.... also I popped to B&Q and after a while it actually dropped to 22 at one point??????? scratchs head.... I really dont get that it can read a higher temp than outside when its been sat all night....

Might pop it out later and give it a wee spray with carb cleaner :D

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
Hi, Just checked mine. outside air 17, air inlet 18, oil 15, coolant 16.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I reckon you don't have a problem...

Car was sat overnight and assuming it was used yesterday would have "cooled down" but if sat in a garage I reckon the engine was still above ambient temperature as their would be some insulating effect. The throttle body would have been closed so the inlet air would be trapped inside the engine.
As soon as you drive away fresh air from outside would pump in and inlet air temps would drop.
That's my A level physics take on it :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts