Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due an oil change in a couple of weeks and the last time I was under there I remember some of the screws/fixings that hold the undertray in place were missing. Some of the other screws turned ok, but didn't tighten so I suspect that the 'female' part of the fixing is shot or gone.

So, whilst I'm under there filling my sleeve with oil, I plan to replace all of the undertray screws/fixings with some nice shiny new ones that actually work correctly.

Aside from a trip to the stealers, does anyone have any ideas where I could source them along with the fixings I'd need?

Cheers,
Mike.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
mine came off on the motor way and undertray scraped along floor for about half amile until i could pull in i thought my gear box or something fell out ! haha literally ten mins ago cable tied them all up tight untill i can sort screws out !!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Nathan,

that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid!

Mike.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
sallyday10 said:
Hi Nathan,

that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid!

Mike.
its wedged in pretty tight but obviously the wind force at 70mph was too much for it :|

lucky I had 2 cable ties in my car so I could temporary fix it up on the hard shoulder lol

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
jhoneyman said:
You will need lots of these:-

N 90775001 - Screws (Torx)
N 0154216 - Your 'Female' part :p (AKA Snap nut)

Those torx screws are used all over the car so better buying a few as spares anyway.

Check here;-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-MK4-Audi ... 4ac9920b6b
Your new nick name is the postman, you keep delivering me fixing details! Good work!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
jhoneyman said:
NickG said:
jhoneyman said:
You will need lots of these:-

N 90775001 - Screws (Torx)
N 0154216 - Your 'Female' part :p (AKA Snap nut)

Those torx screws are used all over the car so better buying a few as spares anyway.

Check here;-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-MK4-Audi ... 4ac9920b6b
That is a cool price for those but if you want a spare full kit this is where to get it from
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-A6-A8 ... 3f1ce1c4f1

great service
Steve

·
Registered
600 Posts
The tray is held in place by a mixture of M8 and M6 bolts all approx 20mm long - ant remember exactly how many but think it might have been 4 M6's and 8 M8's
I replaced all mine with stainless allen head bolts and penny washers

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
most of them are lost when the service person changing oil just does not put them all back

as their a pain in the ass to many of them and service people hate them.......

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
iktank said:
The tray is held in place by a mixture of M8 and M6 bolts all approx 20mm long - ant remember exactly how many but think it might have been 4 M6's and 8 M8's
I replaced all mine with stainless allen head bolts and penny washers
Are they? Pretty sure they're all the same star-type screws. :? But I like your idea of stainless Allen-head bolts. :)

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
It's the torx ones on my car too and I've never seen any other type of fastener used for the undertray? Bought a bag of 100 of them when I rebuilt my car and ended up having about 5 spare. Got loads of the old ones if you're local and want them?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi Mondo - Definately a mixture of m8 and M6, as thick Audi fitter had to cut my old undertray bolts off as they had rusted, they did not have sufficeint bolts in stock to replace them all and had to order them, I in the mean time put stainless in myself untill the original fixings arrived took one look at the black japan finish and realised why the originals rusted so left in the stainless
I likes my stainless bolts - got two 13 year old motor bikes every bolt changes to stainless - sad aint I

·
Registered
153 Posts
And a good idea to change the rear undertray cover clips. Got some off ebay ( 110990176259 ) £2.90 for a pack of 10 and free p&p. They fit over the rusty stud that looks a bit like a wood screw,and work really well.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I know this is an old thread, however I've just come back from a service and it looks like they've forgot to refit all the bolts to the undertray. Got most of the way home (max about 75mph and about 25 miles drive) and heard a noise on an A road and then some more noise and vibration - thought I'd got a branch stuck under the car or something. Pulled over and the undertay was hanging down at the front. Managed to get it back under the bumper and drove home gingerly.
Called the garage who said to bring it back, however its not that local and I don't fancy driving with the bolts missing.
In the workshop manual it doesn't give any part numbers or bolt sizes. I can see there are 5 of one type and 9 of another. Can someone point me to part
numbers or alternatives?

Sorry, just realised this is the Mk1 forum... Its a Mk2 TTRS..

Slope Organism Font Map Parallel

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
I know this is an old thread, however I've just come back from a service and it looks like they've forgot to refit all the bolts to the undertray. Got most of the way home (max about 75mph and about 25 miles drive) and heard a noise on an A road and then some more noise and vibration - thought I'd got a branch stuck under the car or something. Pulled over and the undertay was hanging down at the front. Managed to get it back under the bumper and drove home gingerly.
Called the garage who said to bring it back, however its not that local and I don't fancy driving with the bolts missing.
In the workshop manual it doesn't give any part numbers or bolt sizes. I can see there are 5 of one type and 9 of another. Can someone point me to part
numbers or alternatives?

View attachment 487352
Is that for a Mk2?
This is the Mk1 forum.

ETKA shows different fixings for the Mk2 Coupe & Roadster, so assuming it is a Coupe the screws along the front are 4.8x16 self tapping screws p/n N90775001
The bolts at the back are an M6x20 bolt p/n 1K0825951 and an M8x20 bolt p/n WHT000729A

·
Registered
2005 Mk1 3.2 V6 Roadster
267 Posts
most of them are lost when the service person changing oil just does not put them all back

as their a pain in the ass to many of them and service people hate them.......
Exactly what happened with mine...........lazy mechanics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm due an oil change in a couple of weeks and the last time I was under there I remember some of the screws/fixings that hold the undertray in place were missing. Some of the other screws turned ok, but didn't tighten so I suspect that the 'female' part of the fixing is shot or gone.

So, whilst I'm under there filling my sleeve with oil, I plan to replace all of the undertray screws/fixings with some nice shiny new ones that actually work correctly.

Aside from a trip to the stealers, does anyone have any ideas where I could source them along with the fixings I'd need?

Cheers,
Mike.
Hello mate hope you’re well,
do you know where to find the under tray fixings for Mk1 225 Quattro TT?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts