Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted earlier in the week I've been looking for a lhd spec tail light with the white lens to replace my red fog light. I have found a US tail light that suits my needs but was just wondering if there are any differences I should be aware of(apart from the white lens instead of red) will it match my other tail light which is uk spec. Cheers. Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84,380 Posts
Stright swap mate no differences

·
Registered
84,380 Posts
Stright swap mate no differences

·
Registered
4 Posts
I may very well be wrong but do you not have the amber rear turn signal? North American TT's do not have this. Our turn signal is red. :(

I looked into getting a rear fog installed on my TT and was told I'd need both left and right tail lights due to turn signal differences.

P

·
Registered
814 Posts
CurbKiller said:
I may very well be wrong but do you not have the amber rear turn signal? North American TT's do not have this. Our turn signal is red. :(

I looked into getting a rear fog installed on my TT and was told I'd need both left and right tail lights due to turn signal differences.

P
I'd get a European one... the American one has red turn signals, even though this will just be a filter in front of the bulbs would still need changing!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daz8n said:
I'd get a European one... the American one has red turn signals, even though this will just be a filter in front of the bulbs would still need changing!!
Going to wait and get a European one as you've said. It'll make for an easier swap. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
yes as stated mine has red turn signals. I have been looking for UK spec ones but only find one of them and not the pair coming up for sale.

·
Registered
814 Posts
carlf said:
Daz8n said:
Going to wait and get a European one as you've said. It'll make for an easier swap. Thanks for the replies

I'm looking at getting the European 'red dot' light so if a pair come up on German eBay I'll get them and be in touch!!

ecko2702 said:
yes as stated mine has red turn signals. I have been looking for UK spec ones but only find one of them and not the pair coming up for sale.
Don't even know why I was saying turn signal there... bloody americans :lol: .... indicators!!! Do you look on eBay UK Joe??

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Daz8n said:
Don't even know why I was saying turn signal there... bloody americans :lol: .... indicators!!! Do you look on eBay UK Joe??
:lol: I go back and forth turn signal and indicator. Blinkers are what most call them here I HATE that. :lol: I have had a look on eBay. However most are more expensive. I would rather swap someone on the forum so we both get what we are after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.