Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently on the look out for a TTS (one I had in mind recently fell through) and have been keeping a close eye on the used prices for them. What I hadnt been doing however is looking at how much the TTRS's are going for which is why the below advert came as a bit of a surprise

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3529634.htm

Is this now the going rate for a TT RS or does the above example seem priced suspeciously low?

There is also a similar example from an Audi dealer albeit priced a bit higher

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-ca ... =se_na_re_

Is it now realistic to find a 2-3 year old TTRS for under £30k? The price difference seems to be relatively small compared to a used TTS...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Having a quick look, the RS at Audi seems to have a few extra's such as Bose, Electric ext. Mirrors, Cruise,Hi Beam Assist and Tyre Pressure monitor whilst the one on pistonheads doesnt seem to have anything advertised. Price difference of £3500 which will definately come down with a bit of bargaining in my opinion!!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Both cars are manual transmissions which is the reason for the low price - they 're just not as sought after as s-tronic versions which would be a lot more. If a manual box suits you it's a bargain but just keep in mind the resale value when you come to trade. The TTS keeps it's value much better.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
BesoTTed said:
Is it now realistic to find a 2-3 year old TTRS for under £30k? The price difference seems to be relatively small compared to a used TTS...
Yes just under 30k seems about right, the red one you posted has been around for a while so not sure whats up with that one as most seem to go quite quickly under 30k as there are not many about.

The TTRS is a much rarer car than the TTS, a 30k TTRS will hold its value so much better than a 30k TTS. I bought one for 31K over a year ago and it lost just 1k in that time. Very cheap motoring for such an awesome car.

Dont worry about S-tronic, its got a whole load of problems associated with it and the manual is rock solid. I would never buy a dsg type gearbox in a used car they seem so fragile.

Ive also got a golf R with dsg and its very very nice to drive about around town but that was bought new and will be sold on soon so I dont care if the gearbox blows up but the TTRS is such a tower of power that you almost never need to change gear anyway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I completely agree than £30k for a used TTRS represents better value than a used TTS. At £30k ish might as well buy a new TTS than a used one!

I'm happy with a manual, the S Tronic scare stories have made sure of that before I've even tried it.

How are you finding the TTRS running costs compared to the TTS? Is servicing, insurance etc much higher?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Insurance for me was the same for both cars. And what shocked me was the mpg was the same too. Servicing I think was slightly more but not by that much.

They are pretty similar cars tbh. A remapped TTS feels virtually the same speed as a standard TTRS but the power delivery was very different, The TTS has nothing until 3000rpm then kicks in like a steamtrain, The TTRS kicks in about 1500 and has power all the way from there so feels more like a normally aspirated car, its never off boost and that 5cyl soundtrack is simply amazing.

Go for the TTRS you will not regret it im sure and I bet ownership works out cheaper too.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I see that the RS being sold by Audi has 4000 miles less than the RS on Pistonheads, which along with the extras would be worth the price difference in my opinion!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts