Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of fitting V6 brakes to my 225 at the front. What are the respective disc sizes and caliper pot quantities for both systems? Have you found that the upgrade is a worthwhile one?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hark said:
Not a clue mate, but sure Tony Rigby did a write up, both on here and in the last Mag.

On a side note have you found a small pot of gold and if so will we all be getting a share?

:p
LOL! Matt, let's be honest, if I'd spent half as much as yourself on modding, I'd be bankrupt!

Let's just call it belated, subtle modding (but don't tell anyone, cos my car looks standard - until you try to pass...)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Front 225 - Single piston calipers, disc size 312mm

Front v6 - Twin piston calipers, disc size 334mm

Whether it's worthwhile or not is a question you can only answer yourself, but if you got them fairly cheap then sure.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fictorious said:
Front 225 - Single piston calipers, disc size 312mm

Front v6 - Twin piston calipers, disc size 334mm

Whether it's worthwhile or not is a question you can only answer yourself, but if you got them fairly cheap then sure.
Cheers!

Re "worthwhwile", I was looking for feedback from anyone who has done it as to how much better the braking is.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GunnerGibson said:
a simple search would have yielded a wealth of posts.
Yeah well. I don't know about other people, but I have never been able to get any sense out of the search facility. I do a search for 'v6 brakes' and it just give me a few thousand posts that include v6 OR brakes, but not 'v6 brakes'. Using +v6 +brakes works no better. I've tried various iterations.

Surely someone has fitted V6 brakes to a 225? - or are they all too embarrassed to admit it?!

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
ttsteve said:
GunnerGibson said:
Yeah well. I don't know about other people, but I have never been able to get any sense out of the search facility. I do a search for 'v6 brakes' and it just give me a few thousand posts that include v6 OR brakes, but not 'v6 brakes'. Using +v6 +brakes works no better. I've tried various iterations.

Surely someone has fitted V6 brakes to a 225? - or are they all too embarrassed to admit it?!
Tony Rigby, as stated above he did a great write up on here and in the TTOC mag as stated above. Now you have 4 choices.
1/ Wait till somebody searches and finds his write up for you.
2/ Find it yourself.
3/ Join the TTOC and get the back issues of the mag or cadge a copy off somebody.
4/ PM tony.

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
i have not done it myself but have read a good few reports on here about it,, what i have gathered is
on the plus side ,, the braking is better
on the negy side ,, they are heavier,, ( un- sprung weight and all that )

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
lol i'm Mentioned !! :wink:

http://www.********.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146669&hilit=+How+to+R32

Some people say the standard breaks are fine... but i like the rest found that fade was a serious issue... and when you consider it's the same setup as a 180 when there remapped it's the next logical step...

Also it has been said there as good as brembo juniours (and would cost more than a juniour kit if new) good think is the disks are bigger... meaning pads are bigger... and doubble th pots of standard so breaking efficiency is much "Grab"...

Question i would ask is how are you finding your standards (which really depends on how you drive it) if you don't see a problem, then it's probably not worth it... however if you'vehad brake fade... when giving it sum... you should really look into this... (if you can get them cheap enough)

on a final note... breaks can only increase the chances of locking the wheels up... so make sure you got good tyres on also... especially in wet... mine are fine with the falkens..

hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
les said:
ttsteve said:
GunnerGibson said:

Tony Rigby, as stated above he did a great write up on here and in the TTOC mag as stated above. Now you have 4 choices.
1/ Wait till somebody searches and finds his write up for you.
2/ Find it yourself.
3/ Join the TTOC and get the back issues of the mag or cadge a copy off somebody.
4/ PM tony.
Les, right on all counts.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tony_rigby_uk said:
lol i'm Mentioned !! :wink:

http://www.********.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146669&hilit=+How+to+R32

Some people say the standard breaks are fine... but i like the rest found that fade was a serious issue... and when you consider it's the same setup as a 180 when there remapped it's the next logical step...

Also it has been said there as good as brembo juniours (and would cost more than a juniour kit if new) good think is the disks are bigger... meaning pads are bigger... and doubble th pots of standard so breaking efficiency is much "Grab"...

Question i would ask is how are you finding your standards (which really depends on how you drive it) if you don't see a problem, then it's probably not worth it... however if you'vehad brake fade... when giving it sum... you should really look into this... (if you can get them cheap enough)

on a final note... breaks can only increase the chances of locking the wheels up... so make sure you got good tyres on also... especially in wet... mine are fine with the falkens..

hope that helps.
Tony, that's brilliant, thanks. There's a wealth of useful info in that topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.