Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted some time ago by V6Paddy who is a member of Audi Sport net, about possible causes of hesitation with the 3.2 V6 engine. There are a number of things that can affect this, such as sensors degrading slightly, throttle bodies getting dirty or timing chains stretching a little etc. - anything which adds noise into the system. It seems that the ECU software is a little intollerant of small amounts of degredation/noise and unsteady engine speed when idling or when trying to hold the revs constant at around 2,000 rpm is the result. Members have been trying to get to the bottom of it for some time with people sometimes changing a component the problem apparently being fixed but only to return again (because it reduces noise for a while perhaps).

Apparently after 6 months of investigation they have found a software upgrade on a German site that fixes the problem.
Look at post 634 page 13:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread ... rpm/page13

Paddy suggests that this may help some TT owners with the 3.2. Note the numbers in the post because this upgrade does not appear on Audi GB computers but they can get it and install it. VW issued a fix for the R32 and Audi Germany for the 3.2 but Audi GB still deny there is a problem.

I hope that's of some use.

·
Registered
653 Posts
John this is really useful.

As a complete novice in this area, is this something that only Audi can do, or is it something that can be done by and Indy or someone with a VAGCOM?

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fix they were applying was done through the dealership. Someone elso could do it with the right equipment potentially as with a remap but I don't know how easy getting hold of the fixed software is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.