Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I test drove a dsg v6 and it seemed to drive really well with nice smooth changes and no untoward noises
However the dash displayed the amber fuel symbol but the gauge showed just over a 1/4, is this an issue I should be looking to avoid?
Is there anyone local to Taunton that has a lot more knowledge of what to look for on a TT in particular dsg ones! That would be prepared to have a look over it for me to check there's nothing drastic I've missed!

Thanks

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
Low fuel light should not come on until the gauge gets in to the red so it could have a problem with the dash pod

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I would get an AA check or similar if you concerned. Personally I wouldn't want the responsibility if a fault developed later and you asked why it hadnt been noticed! If you decide to buy then ask for a decent warranty or buy a warranty.

Dashpods can be removed and repaired at a fraction of the replacement cost. Mine has developed a similar fault but is an easy repair as said.
You ask about the DSG specifically. To my mind if it works then your unlikely to find any errors. A fault scan could show things but to be honest they work until they go wrong- and stop working!

Lastly there are lots of good TT's out there so take your time and find one your NOT concerned about at the start.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.