Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the first time i've used this kit since buying it and i just done a scan on my car and it came up with this :

can anyone shed some light on this and is it worth me doing a N249 delete now? [smiley=book2.gif]

·
Registered
516 Posts
18010/P1602/005634 - Power Supply B+ Terminal 30: Voltage too Low

Possible Causes
Cables on the Battery were removed
Battery weak (voltage)
Generator Disfunction
Possible Solutions
Check Battery Cables
Check/Replace Battery
Check/Replace Generator
Special Notes
If multiple Control Module have Power Supply Faults stored, it's most likely to be one common Problem like the ones shown above. Otherwise when only one or two Control Modules have such Codes stored you better start searching at the individual Power Supply of these Modules.
Terminal 30 means unswitched battery power that is supplied even when the ignition is off. This is not referring to any physical terminal numbered 30.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, will give that a look over and clear the fault in the meantime :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
First thing you should really do is have a look at the codes and check out what they are instead of just clearing them.

Make a note of them so if they come back you know there might be an issue.

Second one is prob from disconnecting the battery.

First one is the N249 on top RHS of your rocker cover, have you ever diconnected it, if not check wiring to it etc.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my car was in at audi just a week ago for the coilpack recall, so i think it would have been un plugged then.
i have saved the last scan i done on the car so i know what to check.

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
JS53MES said:
my car was in at audi just a week ago for the coilpack recall, so i think it would have been un plugged then.
i have saved the last scan i done on the car so i know what to check.
Quite possible James so not a bad scan hopefully

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
jamman said:
First thing you should really do is have a look at the codes and check out what they are instead of just clearing them.

Make a note of them so if they come back you know there might be an issue.

Second one is prob from disconnecting the battery.

First one is the N249 on top RHS of your rocker cover, have you ever diconnected it, if not check wiring to it etc.
what difference does it make??? if they are cleared they are cleared, who cares what they were, you are only interested in the ones that do come back and KNOW there is an issue because all you know is that from that very moment the ECU is faultless......

Just my two pence worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts