Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I know one of family very well come from where i live very sad news today. :cry:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Heartbreaking for all concerned, I could not begin to imagine how they feel and all the 'what if's and if only' they are asking themselves, tragic.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
The grandfather was on the news last night. I was amazed at just how calm he was. Can honestly say its one of the saddest things I have heard for a long time - a little grandson the same age and that brings it right home. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
3,283 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
I will no doubt get slated for saying this but that facebook message seems extremly foolish and insensitive but not maliciuos like the troll stuff we hear of each day, I think it had good but unfortunatly extremly misguided motives behind it, if it was meant to hurt it would have been critical of those involved in this terible accident. It was wrong to post it but I do not believe it was motivated by bad intentions.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
merlin c said:
I will no doubt get slated for saying this but that facebook message seems extremly foolish and insensitive but not maliciuos like the troll stuff we hear of each day, I think it had good but unfortunatly extremly misguided motives behind it, if it was meant to hurt it would have been critical of those involved in this terible accident. It was wrong to post it but I do not believe it was motivated by bad intentions.
Think it is a fair point and made me think. I Guess we will never know Merlin :? I would rather it was how you think it may be, but experience and recent trolling events tell me it probably wasn't. Maybe some of us have trust issues when it comes to things like this, but given that the police are getting involved more and more, it would make sense for a troll to make sure that the message could be explained from a positive perspective, with ambiguity. It is about how it is received by the intended recipient and the intended recipient has said it destroyed her :(

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
merlin c said:
What it does highlight is the ridiculous lack of common sense around these days.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
BrianR said:
merlin c said:
Think it is a fair point and made me think. I Guess we will never know Merlin :? I would rather it was how you think it may be, but experience and recent trolling events tell me it probably wasn't. Maybe some of us have trust issues when it comes to things like this, but given that the police are getting involved more and more, it would make sense for a troll to make sure that the message could be explained from a positive perspective, with ambiguity. It is about how it is received by the intended recipient and the intended recipient has said it destroyed her :(
Point also well made Brian, I dont think its trust issues you have, more likely its about this old but very true saying, "a pessimist is a optimist with experience" :wink: You may well be right, if you are then pain is too good for the sicko.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts