Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the Vista service pack thingy yesterday and since then I can't seem to get any sound, it says No Audi output device is installed bit I've been to the cotrol panel and under Device manager/sound there is Conextant High Defination Audio installed and the driver is Version 4.15.0.50 but the location says 0.

Now being a Mac person, this means bugger all to me so could someone put me right please in what to do next in a real basic kind of way. :wink:

I tried to see if it would update (via tinternet) but it came back saying that it was up to date. :?

Graham

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Dont know about your problem graham but i done i same on my laptop yesterday and now it keeps turning its seft off ramdomly looked into power setting nothing has changed wish i left it working as it was. :?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
wallsendmag said:
Can you not roll them back?
resore will only go back to when service pack was installed. :x

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
If you read a little about SP1 for vista you'll see the main reason it's not yet available on windows update, and only for people who actually choose to download and install, is driver issues.

Microsoft is only going to put it on windows update for the masses after some finding drivers which work for more hardware types and can put them on windows update too.

Method for Cause 5

To help ensure a positive update experience, Windows Update will temporarily not offer Windows Vista SP1 to systems that have the following device drivers. In some cases, these device drivers are problematic on Windows Vista-based computers when you update to Windows Vista SP1. By installing updated device drivers, you will resolve the issue and enable Windows Update to offer Windows Vista SP1.

Audio drivers

Realtek AC'97 • For x86-based computers: Alcxwdm.sys - version 6.0.1.6242 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Alcwdm64.sys - version 6.0.1.6242 or earlier
SigmaTel • For x86-based computers: Sthda.sys - version 5.10.5762.0 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Sthda64.sys - version 5.10.5762.0 or earlier
SigmaTel • For x86-based computers: Stwrt.sys - version 6.10.5511.0 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Stwrt64.sys - version 6.10.5511.0 or earlier
Creative Audigy • For x86-based and x64-based computers: Ctaud2k.sys - version 6.0.1.1242 or earlier
• For x86-based computers: P17.sys â€" all versions (This was originally a Windows XP-based driver.)
Conexant HD Audio • For x86-based computers: Chdart.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Chdart64.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier
Have a read on here:

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/948343

Nick

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just managed to solve the problem, I went to the HP website and they had a section for fixes for SP1, eventually managed to download the correct driver and all is fine now.

Graham

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
barton TT said:
Dont know about your problem graham but i done i same on my laptop yesterday and now it keeps turning its seft off ramdomly looked into power setting nothing has changed wish i left it working as it was. :?
Manage to uninstall service pack 1 now, laptop is now working perfect again :D

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Love_iTT said:
I've just managed to solve the problem, I went to the HP website and they had a section for fixes for SP1, eventually managed to download the correct driver and all is fine now.

Graham
Had exactly the same thing last time round with the original Vista SP1, but like you i went to the HP website & downloaded the most recent Contexant Driver & all was good. Only downside is that every group updates download offers up the MS recommended Contexant driver & that's the one that don't work, so just watch for that in future updates.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
wallsendmag said:
The warning said this is a 736MB download ,if you are updating one pc the download will be available mid April as a 73MB download (figures are approx) That was enough to put me off.
there was also a warning that some drivers would not work and a number would have to be reinstalled manually.

I am waiting for auto update though again they warn that if you have not updated certain fixes then you will not be able to download sp1

sounds like they still have not got the fixes right!!

those who have updated could you post an update to say whether its worth updating please

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.