Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 3.2 VR6 DSG Quattro Coupe
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a short time ago I did a thing. Well actually I saw a YouTube video and it hit an itch that I was already scratching at images will display the result below. So I'm waiting for a badge to be made up to insert into the steering wheel but also when the guy gets back to me going to see if he can do me a set again for the rear in black.
The reason being is the colour grade disappears on my car so you don't notice it so much and it's not matching the TT chrome effect. I have since plasti dipped my rear badges to black and it's a lot better but want to redo it as I got called out and it hasn't had the finish I wanted. It won't look it but the rear badge is straight the curve of the boot and photo angle is throwing it off.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,792 Posts
Pretty cool! (y) It would be interesting to see how it looks on either side of the front wings, similar to how Ferrari displays their badge. Sorry for the crappy graphic, just kluged it together for the concept. ;)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MT-V6 mentioned the same and I'm wondering if I can find someone to do the door kick plates.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Pretty cool! All custom made (?) but look factory-ish :) The one on the back I'd probably have made in chrome and put on the other side to avoid "too much badge on one side", but looks cool nonetheless. I agree that the brushed look is way better than chrome but just to match the factory badge I mean.

You can try the glossifier on the plasti-dip to make it look a little nicer, just a tip. But yeah you won't get to a factory-lookin' glossy black badge that way--you could try to paint them alternatively but that would require removing from the car.

On a side note I added the little IE badge to my trunk/hatch lid. It looks kind of stand-out given the green colour, probably should have gotten the black, but what's done is done.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
So a short time ago I did a thing. Well actually I saw a YouTube video and it hit an itch that I was already scratching at images will display the result below. So I'm waiting for a badge to be made up to insert into the steering wheel but also when the guy gets back to me going to see if he can do me a set again for the rear in black.
The reason being is the colour grade disappears on my car so you don't notice it so much and it's not matching the TT chrome effect. I have since plasti dipped my rear badges to black and it's a lot better but want to redo it as I got called out and it hasn't had the finish I wanted. It won't look it but the rear badge is straight the curve of the boot and photo angle is throwing it off.

I was thinking of doing this! Didn't the R32 Golf have an VR6 badge or am I imagining that?

Did you make these yourself or get someone to make them?

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,435 Posts
As I said before, I like these a lot. Looking forward to seeing the steering wheel one too

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was thinking of doing this! Didn't the R32 Golf have an VR6 badge or am I imagining that?

Did you make these yourself or get someone to make them?
I don't think the .:R32 did but the GTI/GLI VR6 would have, yes. Various VW cars around the Mk3-Mk4 Golf era that had the VR6, had a VR6 badge. Mk4 GTI/GLI could have had either 1.8T or 2.8L VR6 so there was always the GTI/GLI badge plus the "1.8T" or "VR6" badge.

I guess with the .:R32 it's already implied there's a VR6 there, so no need for the additional badge. The more recent .:Rs also never have any "2.0T" or other engine badge anywhere, neither do S3, TT-S, etc.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Pretty cool! All custom made (?) but look factory-ish :) The one on the back I'd probably have made in chrome and put on the other side to avoid "too much badge on one side", but looks cool nonetheless. I agree that the brushed look is way better than chrome but just to match the factory badge I mean.

You can try the glossifier on the plasti-dip to make it look a little nicer, just a tip. But yeah you won't get to a factory-lookin' glossy black badge that way--you could try to paint them alternatively but that would require removing from the car.

On a side note I added the little IE badge to my trunk/hatch lid. It looks kind of stand-out given the green colour, probably should have gotten the black, but what's done is done.
Yeah they was custom made and as like many others I have switched the bumpers and skirts for newer models and wanted something in the audi theme.
I have always thought the 3.2 badge that some have and some don't looks a little out of place and couldn't work out how could even get some of my ideas made up in my head. Then a youtube channel I have been watching dropped a video and it was an instant that's what I have been wanting moment. So I had them made up and fitted them in keeping with Audi’s badging theme. I get what you mean about putting it on the other side of the boot as it's pretty long as I do consider removing the 6 sometimes to shorten it but then the front won't look right. It's also why I kept the front to just vr6 as thought it wouldn't look right.

Ordered from here.

The video that had what was in my head floating around but they had done it.

Not that happy with some of the dip on the tt and v part but then I got called away from it. At least with dip you can start over.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update really as received my steering wheel badge along with a new rear badge in gloss black. I just was not happy with the plastidip but do find it useful to test the waters on reversible colour changes.

Anyway steering wheel.

The lettering is raised slightly and I do have a silver version but this looks better in the flesh.

Then the rest with all in gloss black and no dip.

So I’m just waiting to hear back from some else about the kick plates for the door but that’s gone very quiet. Not going to lie my fuel cap has dip on to see if I’m happy with it being in black and willing to bet next visit for fuel it will all be off again and have some dip on the front rings as have struggled getting them in gloss black in my size even having checked with Audi. Hopefully this week that’s complete.
A black blade for the rear wing and fuel cap in black also now on the list to be sprayed and not in plastidip.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
They can do matt, gloss black or as pictured I had asked about chrome but they don’t do it in chrome. I would have been happy to have it in chrome tried seeing if I could get it done myself but had no luck.

·
Registered
519 Posts
This may help with paint matching :ROFLMAO:

Silver Grey Road surface Asphalt Metal

I quite like minimalistic at the back - TT, rings & a little quattro badge only - but steering wheel & radiator grill I would get.

·
Registered
519 Posts
From the maker :

Price for 1 set (front + rear + steering wheel is 100€ + shipping costs.

For 10 sets I can make a 25% discount. '

Seems a little steep but I don't know whats involved. I've just asked about separate pricing.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts