Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 225 Coupe
3,869 Posts
If anyone's looking for a top mechanic to work on their car I can 1000% recommend Ian at VW Doctor in Watford after all his expert work in getting my TT back on the road.
https://www.facebook.com/vwdoctorhttps://www.vwdoctor.co.uk

After a coming together with a kerb back in February and a lenghty lay-up due to furlough/lockdown (when it didn't seem worthwhile getting it fixed after buying another set of BBS wheels) I sent it to him where he found the n/s forged wishbone had bent exactly where it was designed to to save further damage elsewhere (pic of old vs. new), with him fitting a new wishbone, Superpro bushings and an alignment to get it running true again.

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0865 copy.jpg

He also did an oil service with new plugs, MoT'd (passed with flying colours) and a general check, and advise me the rear brake pads were about 70% worn and should be replaced in a few thousand miles. Also recommended I should look at getting adjustable drop links to get the rear camber properly sorted (I knew it's out as the result of lowering on Bilsteins!) but other than that a clean bill of health.

He's also an official dealer for SuperPro Bushes and VW RacingLine performance parts (Racingline's more for mark 2/3 TTs and later VAG cars) and is offering a 10% discount + Free postage on orders for the next week as a Black Friday deal - so grab them while they're hot!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2002 225 Coupe
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and repaired my MK1 Black on Black 225
He's a fab bloke and very honest.
Yours might've been there when my TT was in for a cambelt service and CB Auto rear control arms - he had a black one in the car park waiting for parts (asked me where I got my lights from - it's fronts were quite cloudy) though he's been getting a lot of mk1s in recently (I wonder why?!? ;) ).

Was the 5.2 V10 S8 still there? Ian said he was waiting for parts for that monster too - if the owner comes from Switzerland just for his work you know he's good on the spanners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts