Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after getting my baby back i just wana check a few things using my liquid gauge,
ie whats a good reading to get on the maf, command boost actual boost etc etc etc. does that make scense?
its remaped by the gods at vagcheck, but has been off the road for a while.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Im showing 22.7 psi and only 186gs
maf is less than year old too :(

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the boost seem ok?

Can I just try cleaning the maf?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
krismc said:
Does the boost seem ok?

Can I just try cleaning the maf?
I had a trip down to Wak and Morgan and my Maf hit 211 I think it was at maximum, from memory I hold at about 1.5 bar boost with peak a little higher.

I would say that at 186 it may be on the way out - is it an Audi one? You can try cleaning it - I did and to do so I removed the whole thing and put it in a freezer bag before spraying in pretty much a whole can of isopropanol electric cleaner (Maplins) - then I sealed the bag and gave it a ruddy good shake about before leaving it to soak for 1 hour.

When I went to check it the liquid was brown :eek: - take it out give it a shake to get the excess liquid off and let it dry before refitting.

Charlie

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well just gave the maf a clean (it was replaced with a new bosch unit when wak remapped the car) and now its reading 213 gs so job done ;)

also gave the throttle body a little clean too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.