Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting some up rated pads for my 225 TTR, but seem to be going around in circles reading loads of different posts by people that are obviously looking for different things and driving in very different styles (Hard and fast or just pottering around), I feel that I sit inbetween the two. :)

Ok so what would I like:
1. Something not too expensive that gives a slight upgrade on the standard pad in terms of bite and stopping power.
2. I only drive about 15 miles a day so the pad doesn't have ages to warm up, so I'm guessing most 'track' pads wouldn't be suitable?
3. Something that is a direct replacement in terms of fitting with the brake pads sensors fitted to them.
4. Something that has low dust, as I find that after cleaning up my brand new RS4's (new style) within days they look at dirty as Pat Butcher at an Anne Summers party!

Please help as at the mo I have been told that black diamond predator pads need to be altered re the sensors, I've read mixed reviews on most of the EBC pads; Red and Yellow (although been told yellow are the best bet), GSF now don't do the Mintex Extreme, and the Ferodo DS are over £100! Also where is the best place to purchase?

Many thanks

Gregg

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Ive got EBC red ceramics and I'm delighted with the - mega good bite and minimal mess as theyre ceramic

·
Registered
792 Posts
I put Mintex Extremes on mine a couple of years ago following a group buy on here. Little difference over standard and they squeel most of the time. Going back to standard next time.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Ebc Red stuff pads for me, Don't do many miles myself :wink: But have to say, these are better than Oem and low dust. 8) Had green stuff on my first and thought these were good also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.