Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you chaps used these, are they any good?

had a couple of quotes over email, but then they rang up and instantly dropped price and give much better cover package.

its for a seat altea with DSG, top cover for £350ish ?

for my tt qs they said about £400 for top cover i think?

im wanting it for the Altea because of the DSG, but might be worth it for the tt as they said CV joints etc are covered, I think mine are knackered?!

they say you just have to have car serviced at the manufacturers intervals, by a vat registered garage.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Chris
I took out their warranty last April. Haggled them down from nearly £400 to £300 for my 225 TT.
Had a claim in January, work done at AUDI dealer, no problem with agreeing the claim (£100), but took two weeks to get the cheque.
So now only £200 down :!: Not sure yet if i will continue. Will see how much renewal is.
You're paying for piece of mind really.
Honest John in Saturday's Telegraph swears by them.
Regards
David

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm just doing my research - I've got a DSG 3.2 07 plate, any suggestions for warranty providers and prices?

·
Registered
200 Posts
redrocketTT said:
Hi Hanny
Give WD a go, but haggle hard. As i said in earlier post, i got them down nearly £100.
Warranty wise are supposed to be good, but were twice price of wd.
Regards
David
Cheers David, will do.

·
Registered
653 Posts
chrishumes, just out of interest, what age and mileage are your Altea and TT?

Reason I asked is that I recently took out a warranty with WD, and the premium is £700, so quite a bit more than yours! I'm still in the cooling off period, so I will probably cancel if they're trying to rip me off.

My TT DSG is six years old with 67k on the clock.

·
Registered
780 Posts
IIRC I used them when my TT went out of warranty and I suspected my Dashpod would fail that year (2005).
They were no problem at all when the dashpod did go and the stealers communicated with them direct so it worked out well and I barely got involved.

Just to compound my unlucky life, the day I got mine fixed was the day Watchdog transmitted the show in which Audi said they would start to review the dashpod problem sympathertically ie hopefully FOC. Just my damned luck.

In all, I thought Warranty Direct were good.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
richdean,

just got the paperwork through, there wanting 370 for a 54 plate top of range altea with dsg (60k on the clock), this is for the luxury policy. i reckon i can get that down to 340 or so!

for the audi tt qs, manual, 56 plate with 23 on clock, they want 485, this is for the extra care policy. so id guess they would do this as luxury policy for 450 (im guessing).

im gunna take the one out for the altea, (coz of the gearbox really). but might not take one on the audi as i cannot see anything major going wrong (famous last words!). note this is for a network gargae, not audi repair!

will check back once i take out the altea one. keep this thread up to date if you take them out please......

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I had murder with them, and would not recommend them. Dodged every single claim I tried to make, including (car only 3.5 years old) heater matrix split, failed rear diff, catalytic convertor. I swear I could hear them laughing when I was on hold.

Their renewal policy is awful, postcards sent out claiming that we must talk about your car, but printed and posted as though they are repossessing or you are in debt.

Steer clear in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
denTTed, so did they pay out in the end?

i know the internet and forums are usually full of bad things rather than good stories so i would like a clear picture first. honest john in the papers says there good, and a few people have recommended, but i dont want to waste 400 quid if they dont pay!

·
Registered
653 Posts
chrishumes on Yesterday, 19:41

richdean,

just got the paperwork through, there wanting 370 for a 54 plate top of range altea with dsg (60k on the clock), this is for the luxury policy. i reckon i can get that down to 340 or so!

for the audi tt qs, manual, 56 plate with 23 on clock, they want 485, this is for the extra care policy. so id guess they would do this as luxury policy for 450 (im guessing).

im gunna take the one out for the altea, (coz of the gearbox really). but might not take one on the audi as i cannot see anything major going wrong (famous last words!). note this is for a network gargae, not audi repair!

will check back once i take out the altea one. keep this thread up to date if you take them out please......
That doesn't sound too bad, the price I'm paying is for work to be done at an Audi main dealer, not a network dealer, so probably why the price is higher.

The only reason I went with Audi main dealer is because of the DSG - I'm not sure if the DSG can be repaired by anyone other than Audi.

Does anyone know if this is true? Can the DSG be repaired or replaced by non-Audi garages?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.