Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gang, I'm curious to know if all of this is normal...

New S-Tronic TTS in September 2010.

Warranty fixes so far include:
[*] Set of spark plugs (Audi assist came to check an engine management light, it was a misfiring cylinder but he couldn't repeat. The service two days later ignored it as it had been deleted from the logs. A month or so after it properly broke down and then Audi had it for 11 days trying to fix it. In the end, it was just spark plugs?)
[*] Air conditioning exhaust hose (it had been twisted when installed in the factory, backed up and started to drip in the passenger footwell)
[*] Front right wheel hub (started to grate and caused...)
[*] Two sets of front break pads and discs (overheated / failed because of above)
[*] Engine mounting
[*] Gearbox mounting
[*] Mechatronics unit
[*] S-tronic Gearbox

Total garage time = 92 days.

It's due for its second birthday next month! Wonder what will go wrong next?!

I might add, that Kwik-fit put two new tyres on the front on Saturday, which were rebalanced this morning because they were vibrating. And will be done again tomorrow, because they're still vibrating. (Maybe the car is just jinxed?)

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Sounds to me like you've been really unlucky. No issues as yet with my 18 month old TTS.

I'd avoid Kwik Fit like the plague tbh - seek out a decent tyre fitters who can balance your wheels properly and have the equipment to do the tracking if necessary

·
Registered
704 Posts
Same for me as Igotone - absolutely no issues at all, 16 months since collection. Sounds like you've had appalling bad luck.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
92 days off the road and it's not even 2 years old yet??!! I admire you for not ranting and raving - I would be.

At least it's all been done under warranty - small consolation I guess.

Something Japanese next for you then?!!

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I'd be inclined to present the evidence to Audi UK Customer Services and ask them to replace the car, as it is clearly not fit for purpose, and has not been built to the brands standard.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
As above, you're clearly got a Monday Morning/Friday Afternoon car and I would be contacting Audi CS for a chat about how you're not happy.

You've owned the car for 24 months but you've only had the use of it for 21 months. That's very poor indeed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What can I say; I'm too much of a patient person! I have emailed Craig Westwood from Audi UK last week, waiting back on a response.

Regarding the balancing... 3rd time in a row for Kwik-fit and still not perfect. If they fail again, do you think I can get Audi to balance it and hand them the bill? :D

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
If Kwik-fit can't balance them then are you 100% certain they're not balanced and it's something else at fault?

I have had tyres with moulding defects that "balanced" on the tyre fitter's equipment but still gave a tremor through the steering wheel. I ended up taking them to Norwich Bentley who have a Hunter wheel balancer that does a different, more thorough, balance and that fixed it. Not cheap though!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wja96 said:
If Kwik-fit can't balance them then are you 100% certain they're not balanced and it's something else at fault?
Well, the car was perfectly fine (lol) before they changed two front tyres on Saturday... so if there's something wrong it's either the tyres or the balancing, both of which are their problem? It felt much better today which suggests to me that their machine has a certain tolerance to which it just says 'OK', since it was different from the other days when it said the same thing.

Maybe they just have a cheap balancer and I need a garage with a more precise one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it back to Kwik-fit this morning and they had a mobile guy on site - so they used his balancer. That seemed to fix it!

Now it's just the other little things :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts