Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been offered a warranty for the 2008 TTS (43K on the clock) I'm about to collect this week from a Hartwell garage. I've never had a warranty on a car before and was wondering if you thought it was worth it? Does anyone else here have a warranty on their car (beyond the initial Audi warranty on new vehicles). Obviously I'm sure they don't run warranty services at a loss 8)

The PDF is here http://www.hartwell.co.uk/content/offers/HartwellWarrantyInfo.pdf and comes from http://www.hartwell.co.uk/warrantybut to save you opening it (they can be a pain sometimes) here is a screenshot and some details:



Hartwell Cover+ provides up to 3 years of cover for your vehicle and is available with two types of cover (detailed overleaf based on your vehicle). You will benefit from:

• Cover of Parts, Labour & VAT costs
• Cover is transferable with your vehicle between private individuals (which can be add value to any future sale of the vehicle)
• Should you breakdown, hotel or rail fairs are covered for up to £60 per claim

Includes Hartwell Assistance Cover
• 24 hour/365 days a year
• Roadside assistance
• Recovery
• Home start
• Accident assistance
• Puncture repair
• Even covers you if you run out of fuel.
• EU Cover for 60 days
MOT Cover
• Covers MOT failures
• Up-to £500 per year cover (up to 3 years)
• Possible £1,500 worth of MOT cover over the next 3 years
(if needed)
75% of customers who take out the Hartwell cover+ make a claim with
90% of claims for vehicles between 3-5 years old.

Of course, TERMS AND CONDITIONS are here: http://www.hartwell.co.uk/new-cars/?lnk=453

----------------------------------------------

I think it worked out at around £13/month (not sure which plan it was). Obviously repairs made would be non Audi dealership so this would affect resale value?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
I just got my Audi Used Approved warranty details through on Friday - I'll have a look tonight and see what, if anything, it provides in addition to what you're being offered.

Doesn't answer your question, but might be useful to know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Yip at that price I'd be taking it too.
I have a 2008 TTS and when the 3 years ran out I extended at a cost of £375 for the year. And so far I've had a window motor replaced and a wiring loom of some sort replaced in the internal led pack. So I've got my money worth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,502 Posts
Given recent experiences, albeit on an eight year old car, I would not touch another car without warranty. :wink: Accordingly, I have just purchased a five yr warranty (3+2) on my new Audi TT for piece of mind as it only takes one claim to break the bank! In short, take the warranty, especially if you have S-tronic!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,380 Posts
WozzaTT said:
I just got my Audi Used Approved warranty details through on Friday - I'll have a look tonight and see what, if anything, it provides in addition to what you're being offered.

Doesn't answer your question, but might be useful to know?
Hi Wozza
My used Audi Warranty was worth it's weight within six months Audi had replaced my CD player ( known fault ) steering rack ( known fault ) both would have cost a few quid, bet you're glad you bought a MK2 now :lol: Seriously though they came up with the goods to be fair. [smiley=gossip.gif]

Jamo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Not an s-tronic btw :)

@Wozza yes please :) How much have you paid if you don't mind me asking?

@sniper-sam - was yours an Audi used warranty?

For some reason I also have 330 or thereabouts in my head, which is probably more like it. I saw a few yearly figures but I'm sure the salesman quoted 13 a month. I'll double check tomorrow when I speak to them. He was pushing it because it seemed to cover a lot more than a normal warranty.

I'm guessing an Audi used approved wouldn't include accident or roadside assistance / recovery (negating the need for paying for the AA/RAC) or home start?

The downside is that the nearest Hartwell is a few hours away whereas there is an Audi dealer 10 mins from me. Oh, and that repairs etc. will be done by a non-Audi dealer... :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
Jamo8 said:
WozzaTT said:
I just got my Audi Used Approved warranty details through on Friday - I'll have a look tonight and see what, if anything, it provides in addition to what you're being offered.

Doesn't answer your question, but might be useful to know?
Hi Wozza
My used Audi Warranty was worth it's weight within six months Audi had replaced my CD player ( known fault ) steering rack ( known fault ) both would have cost a few quid, bet you're glad you bought a MK2 now :lol: Seriously though they came up with the goods to be fair. [smiley=gossip.gif]

Jamo
Hey Jamo,

Agree with you mate - I bought my MK1 Used Approved as well and had to have a couple of things done, including the dashpod, so was well worth paying the extra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
userxyz said:
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Not an s-tronic btw :)

@Wozza yes please :) How much have you paid if you don't mind me asking?

@sniper-sam - was yours an Audi used warranty?

For some reason I also have 330 or thereabouts in my head, which is probably more like it. I saw a few yearly figures but I'm sure the salesman quoted 13 a month. I'll double check tomorrow when I speak to them. He was pushing it because it seemed to cover a lot more than a normal warranty.

I'm guessing an Audi used approved wouldn't include accident or roadside assistance / recovery (negating the need for paying for the AA/RAC) or home start?

The downside is that the nearest Hartwell is a few hours away whereas there is an Audi dealer 10 mins from me. Oh, and that repairs etc. will be done by a non-Audi dealer... :/
It's all included in the total price that you pay for the car so difficult to say how much of that is for the warranty. A friggin' lot though!

Yep, you get 12 months full RAC roadside assistance included in the price.

Give me a sec and I'll have a look through the warranty bumph they've sent me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
To be fair the Audi warranty does look fairly comprehensive and you'd certainly expect/hope it to be. Seems to cover more or less everything except obvious wear and tear items. There is also MOT Protection and the RAC cover includes Europe.

From what I can see the warranty you've posted details of looks more than decent - if it were me I think I'd go for it at that price as long as the small print doesn't trip you up.

What day you getting the car? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Better confirm the price then!

Possibly Weds, but I have two 6am starts (which maybe normal for some of you :p) tomorrow and Weds and it's a 4 hour round trip so depends how tired I am after work. That said, early start = early finish so while being knackered it's also an ideal time. I don't think I can wait much longer anyway. Saw a nice looking TT drive past today and I actually beamed like this -> :p thinking that'll be me soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
userxyz said:
Better confirm the price then!

Possibly Weds, but I have two 6am starts (which maybe normal for some of you :p) tomorrow and Weds and it's a 4 hour round trip so depends how tired I am after work. That said, early start = early finish so while being knackered it's also an ideal time. I don't think I can wait much longer anyway. Saw a nice looking TT drive past today and I actually beamed like this -> :p thinking that'll be me soon!
Excellent! :) Got to be Wednesday then, surely?!

Sprint Blue is the dog's - superb colour for a superb car :p .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, so I was actually told 12.46/month but it was incorrect. The price is 380 for 12 months (if paying monthly it's 33.25 which is around 400).

£400 sounds quite a lot given it would cost me *at least* £30 in fuel to get there and back from the nearest Hartwell (closest is around 80 miles away) for an MOT, or if I had an issue and the car was drivable. They allow for repairs locally but you have to faff around with them sending invoices to Hartwell etc. I think I'll look to get a used approved Audi warranty.

Thanks again to all who've advised.

Car now paid in full. Waiting on confirmation that I can pick it up tomorrow!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,537 Posts
userxyz said:
Ok, so I was actually told 12.46/month but it was incorrect. The price is 380 for 12 months (if paying monthly it's 33.25 which is around 400).

£400 sounds quite a lot given it would cost me *at least* £30 in fuel to get there and back from the nearest Hartwell (closest is around 80 miles away) for an MOT, or if I had an issue and the car was drivable. They allow for repairs locally but you have to faff around with them sending invoices to Hartwell etc. I think I'll look to get a used approved Audi warranty.

Thanks again to all who've advised.

Car now paid in full. Waiting on confirmation that I can pick it up tomorrow!
I think an Audi Used Approved warranty would only be available on a car actually purchased from Audi.

Anyway, hope you get it tomorrow!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top