Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... Is that an odd thing to do?

is it ever too late to wash your car?

I got home pretty late from work /gym and after eating, I am feeling a really strong urge to was my car, is this strange?

I think it is in partially because I really want to try out this Auto Glym HD wax that I bought recently... what do you all think? :?

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
No mate get cracking :p

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Yea - we all do it ;-)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
One of my mates used to do the same thing.

Probably not a bad idea as it avoids washing the car in direct sunlight, which isn't recommended.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Put a head torch on

Sent from paul4281's iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,351 Posts
Hi, Perfect time to wash her, applying wax ? probably not so good.
Hoggy. :D

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,351 Posts
Hi, Alot more moisture in the air at night/evening & needs to be really dry before waxing & could you really see what you are doing ?
If you are in a flood lit garage then go ahead & let her shine. 8)
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wash it yeh but polishes and wax, don't do it or you'll go crazy! Too damp for it. My OCD was o bad once I wouldn't drive my old car without cleaning, rain or shine!

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
adajason said:
Thanks for the responses guys. I dot feel like so weird now.
Yes you're all weird!

My neighbour once "had a word with me" for washing at 7 one morning. I've many time's washed a car at sunset then pushed it in the garage to dry off!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i did think i was the only one, you know... that looked slightly obsessed and in love with my car. at least now i know there are a few of us :wink:

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
kazinak said:
washing at night it's nothing wrong, try do that when it's raining :roll:
I did read once it is best to wash your car in the rain as the rain washes all the tap water off and gives a better finish :?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts