Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
TexasTT said:
TT needs a new mechatronics unit :x

ugh, real pain in the ass. $2800 from the dealership to replace.
Ouch, feel for you mate.. :?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
[smiley=deal2.gif] [smiley=dizzy2.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
I thought they recognised this problem in the States? I know the VWs were having their mechatronics replaced and also the poblematic clutches some of them suffered.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate [smiley=bigcry.gif] but as Marco stated ^^^^^^ I thought this was something that Audi held their hands up to in the States??

If not, then you must have something similar to ECU Repairs over there. No consolation I know but will be plenty of $$$'s cheaper than the dealership.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well an update....

I have been calling around the US and their is a place that will rebuild the ecu in 6 business days. BUT Audi didnt want to keep the car their for 6 days :x so I found an independent shop that works on the DSG trans (Thank God).

Car will be towed today from Audi to the new shop and hopefully all will be well.

oh and the price for all this... Audi wanted $2800. The new shop and rebuild will total $1000ish

wish me luck [smiley=cheers.gif]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marco34 said:
I thought they recognised this problem in the States? I know the VWs were having their mechatronics replaced and also the poblematic clutches some of them suffered.
I researched the recall and it doesn't apply to model year... pretty crappy of Audi/VW

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Well at least youre saving yourself a few bucks, nice one.
I know its a fairly complex bit of electrickery but isnt it a bit over priced..... the genuine new one i mean.
Id say its the same price as a UK supplied one going off the dollar rate etc.
For a PCB, some solenoids, a few chips and some wires...... ?

I once saw ET make a special communication device once out of a speak n spell, some coat hangers, an umbrella and an old record player.....

Anyway, i hope all goes well mate

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
TexasTT said:
TT needs a new mechatronics unit :x

ugh, real pain in the ass. $2800 from the dealership to replace.
Sorry to read this buddy. Now Iunderstand your comment on the classic car thread oooops :oops:
Anyway, once you have the unit repaired, you should be fine for the life of the car then. See it as the equivalent of a new clutch etc. That way it might not seen so painful... Gordon (gogs) had his done and feel back in love with his TT, so there's hope for you too..

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts