Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to collect my new Red TTC 2.0T on Monday and when I got there I was made to wait for about and hour. During this time I felt that something had gone wrong but I did not know what.

Eventually my stealer came over and told me that there was a problem with the car and there was run marks in the paint on the bonnet. So we went and had a look and I immediately rejected the car. So the put me in a S5 and sent me home till an Audi rep came up to have a look at it.

About 2 days later the phoned me and told me that they would re-spray the car and have to me in a couple of days. However, this would not be a new car in my opinion despise Audi’s policy saying that you can spray 3 panels and it is still a new car. So what did they offer me to say sorry - a free service. Not a very big gesture in my opinion. Any way I eventually got a new car ordered and they included a service, some jackets etc and upgraded the wheels FOC.

I think I did ok but I have been wondering if I have been a bit picky or if I would of managed to get more out of them.

Anyway just enjoying my final day with the S5 (amazing car) before I collect the re-sparyed TT today.

Cheers â€" just though I would share this one with you guys

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry to hear about the TT.
It seems the dealers are doing the right thing to remedy the situation.
So you've ordered a new car but still picking up the resprayed one?
Is it to drive until the newly ordered one arrives?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Jersey Paul said:
Sorry to hear about the TT.
It seems the dealers are doing the right thing to remedy the situation.
So you've ordered a new car but still picking up the resprayed one?
Is it to drive until the newly ordered one arrives?
Agree with you mate. I'd want a new car and something to drive in the interim.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know where you are coming from Rich.

Went to inspect my TT prior to payment and found a chip in the paintwork on the driver's door. (admittedly not as bad as paint run on the bonnet).

Now driving an 3ltr A4 tdi quattro. Still to see the TT after the repair. I am in 2 minds whether to reject the car or to see what the dealer is going to offer in way of compensation.

Hope you get the TT soon. Let me know what the finish is like after the repair.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry to hear about the TT, but seems like the dealers are doing the right thing.

One question on this situation maybe one of the resident dealers could answer (if you don't know yourself).

How is a replacement order processed in this case?

Does the order:

(a) jump the queue at the dealer if all his allocations are filled
(b) get treated by Audi as a special case and get bumped to the front of the queue at the factory or
(c) wait for an allocation slot again

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Can your "free service" be the second one? The first one is only about £300... I would assume the second will cost more... :p

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Dealer seems honourable to me.

Time to stop thinking "what can I screw out of the Dealer" and ackowledge that they are doing the right thing without prompting.

Having said that, I would be pi$$ed off too :(

Hope the car's OK when you get it.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Was it a manual gearbox on the S5 or the Tip6? Just wondering what the tip6 is like compared to the DSG/Stronic...

Agree with Rebel....will be hard to go back to half the engine of an S5. :wink:

·
Registered
425 Posts
If Audi had spotted the paint run at the factory, which they should have, then they would have repaired it and you would be none the wiser. Do you know what percentage of bodies have remedial work done at the factory?

The construction of your car is not some kind of immaculate conception. It’s a complex manufacturing process, with a potential for errors and corresponding remedies. If only you knew!

Phil

RichGall said:
I think I did ok but I have been wondering if I have been a bit picky .......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the comments guys - yeh they will let me have the the resprayed one till the new one arrives and yeh they say it will only take a couple of months for the new one to arrive so all is good.

Yeh It will be hard to let the S5 go it is truly an amazing car and the TT feels like a go-kart in comparisson.

·
Registered
145 Posts
cedwardphillips said:
mark_s said:
Sorry to hear about the TT, but seems like the dealers are doing the right thing.

One question on this situation maybe one of the resident dealers could answer (if you don't know yourself).

How is a replacement order processed in this case?

Does the order:

(a) jump the queue at the dealer if all his allocations are filled
(b) get treated by Audi as a special case and get bumped to the front of the queue at the factory or
(c) wait for an allocation slot again
Unfortunately the answer is (as ever) depends.
If the car has been rejected by you and the centre (ie Audi UK have taken responsibility) you would expect the order to be prioritised. In this case the dealer has taken responsibility (which is good going) and just ordered a replacement. it would seem that they have put the replacement order to the front of the queue which is nice. (how i would feel about that if it was my car that was delayed by it i'm not sure - in fact there's probably a parallel thread on here complaining that their order has been delayed because some picky [email protected] wouldn't accept a repainted panel...)
Point taken cedwardphillips, but isn't it a fair shout to reject a car that has to have any panel repainted from the factory, given that the paint tolerances on the resprayed panel(s) will not match the rest of the car? This would give rise to suspicion if the next owner decides to get the full Monty AA inspection where they test the thickness of the paint in microns, and would surely justify either rejection of the car or substantial compensation, depending upon the extent of the remedial work required?

·
Registered
79 Posts
cedwardphillips wrote:

Unfortunately the answer is (as ever) depends.
If the car has been rejected by you and the centre (ie Audi UK have taken responsibility) you would expect the order to be prioritised. In this case the dealer has taken responsibility (which is good going) and just ordered a replacement. it would seem that they have put the replacement order to the front of the queue which is nice. (how i would feel about that if it was my car that was delayed by it i'm not sure - in fact there's probably a parallel thread on here complaining that their order has been delayed because some picky [email protected] wouldn't accept a repainted panel...)
Thanks for the reply, I did suspect that this is what would happen.

When you say that the order has went to the front of the queue, that would mean the first free allocation? Am I correct in saying that orders can be made up to 3 months in advance, so could the OP still have around 4 months to wait (worst case)? Or can the dealer 'comandeer' a current order (when the customer has already been given a commission number) and change it to suit?

Whether this is morally right or wrong is another question.

It's only right that the OP gets the car in a perfect condition but if Audi are that poor at quality control and something like this isn't spotted until moments from delivery it pisses off more than the OP. :x

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
RichGall said:
I went to collect my new Red TTC 2.0T on Monday and when I got there I was made to wait for about and hour. During this time I felt that something had gone wrong but I did not know what.

Eventually my stealer came over and told me that there was a problem with the car and there was run marks in the paint on the bonnet. So we went and had a look and I immediately rejected the car. So the put me in a S5 and sent me home till an Audi rep came up to have a look at it.

About 2 days later the phoned me and told me that they would re-spray the car and have to me in a couple of days. However, this would not be a new car in my opinion despise Audi’s policy saying that you can spray 3 panels and it is still a new car. So what did they offer me to say sorry - a free service. Not a very big gesture in my opinion. Any way I eventually got a new car ordered and they included a service, some jackets etc and upgraded the wheels FOC.

I think I did ok but I have been wondering if I have been a bit picky or if I would of managed to get more out of them.

Anyway just enjoying my final day with the S5 (amazing car) before I collect the re-sparyed TT today.

Cheers â€" just though I would share this one with you guys
right choice! I would have done the same.

·
Registered
571 Posts
cedwardphillips said:
(how i would feel about that if it was my car that was delayed by it i'm not sure - in fact there's probably a parallel thread on here complaining that their order has been delayed because some picky [email protected] wouldn't accept a repainted panel...)
And how would you have felt if the car with the substandard paint work had been yours?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Wolfsburger said:
cedwardphillips said:
(how i would feel about that if it was my car that was delayed by it i'm not sure - in fact there's probably a parallel thread on here complaining that their order has been delayed because some picky [email protected] wouldn't accept a repainted panel...)
And how would you have felt if the car with the substandard paint work had been yours?
Yes thats a stupid argument. Your paying for a quality product and you should receive a quality product.

I dont think the langauge is nice here either, isnt this guy linked to a dealer and therefore calling a customer a [email protected]? Typical Audi CS then!

If you bought a TV and it was faulty you would ask for a new one, im sure none of us would say "oh ok repair it then" so why should you accept this with a car which is probably the second most expensive thing you will ever buy!?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.