Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a 2007 tt coupe for a couple of weeks the girlfriend has been complaining of constant condensation on all of the windows. On closer inspection the front footwells are really damp and behind the sound deadening feels wet. After some searching the 2 most common reasons seem to be blocked drains under the wiper panel & aircon condensers draining into the car.

Ill investigate further tomorrow but can someone help me with the location of the aircon drain?

Apologies that my first post is asking for help.

I am an engineer in the turbo industry so ill gladly help with anything turbo related :p

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
RickIV said:
After owning a 2007 tt coupe for a couple of weeks the girlfriend has been complaining of constant condensation on all of the windows. On closer inspection the front footwells are really damp and behind the sound deadening feels wet. After some searching the 2 most common reasons seem to be blocked drains under the wiper panel & aircon condensers draining into the car.

Ill investigate further tomorrow but can someone help me with the location of the aircon drain?

I am an engineer in the turbo industry so ill gladly help with anything turbo related :p
Drainage holes are always a good suspect but not previously heard of aircon condensors draining into the car! :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
35mphspeedlimit said:
Drainage holes are always a good suspect but not previously heard of aircon condensors draining into the car! :)
My TTS started draining into the passenger footwell the first summer I had it - The air con exhaust hose had been installed with a kink in the factory, so it simply blocked up, and backed up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Today I found the footwell behind the drivers seat was damp. I park on a slight slope where the drivers side is higher than the passenger. Dunno if thats what caused water to leak in under the door. Pretty annoying

·
Registered
340 Posts
35mphspeedlimit said:
RickIV said:

It won't be the condenser (it's in front of the radiator at the front of the car) but it may well be the evaporator (behind the dash).

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Chrispy12 said:
35mphspeedlimit said:
RickIV said:

It won't be the condenser (it's in front of the radiator at the front of the car) but it may well be the evaporator (behind the dash).
This happened in mine (air-con evaporator)when I bought the car, not sure where they are located sorry, as it went back in to the dealer to sort it, once done no more damp footwell [smiley=gossip.gif]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts