Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

last month i was getting really good mpg figures and getting about 350 miles to a full tank on average!

now im only getting 280-300 miles and im driving the same way around the same roads

already changed

MAF
both Lambda sensors
N75 valve
Air filter
had the car serviced
temp sender
thermostat
PCV system
and boost leak tested which appears i havent got any

anything else that might bring the figure down?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could be but really 50 60 miles difference? MAF figures are slightly down too difference of about 7 G/S and its a brand new bosch part
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Dance171 said:
Hi There

last month i was getting really good mpg figures and getting about 350 miles to a full tank on average!

now im only getting 280-300 miles and im driving the same way around the same roads

already changed

MAF
both Lambda sensors
N75 valve
Air filter
had the car serviced
temp sender
thermostat
PCV system
and boost leak tested which appears i havent got any

anything else that might bring the figure down?
I've got the same problem, i'm still yet to get the car remapped since fitting the new exhaust, cat, downpipe which i thought might be part of the reason apart from that i don't know
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
33,050 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
24,444 Posts
Dance171 said:
Hi There

last month i was getting really good mpg figures and getting about 350 miles to a full tank on average!

now im only getting 280-300 miles and im driving the same way around the same roads
Price of petrol has been creeping up all month so that equates to less miles for same money :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
You need to get this bloke to drive it for you :wink: :roll:

"46 average on my tank doing 50 -60 all motorway driving done 300 mile to half a tank lol dont think anyone believes me but i swear its true! i think the dis on the dashpod is a liar so can anyone work out what 300 mile to half a tank works out at?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,917 Posts
triplefan said:
You need to get this bloke to drive it for you :wink: :roll:

"46 average on my tank doing 50 -60 all motorway driving done 300 mile to half a tank lol dont think anyone believes me but i swear its true! i think the dis on the dashpod is a liar so can anyone work out what 300 mile to half a tank works out at?"
LOL :lol: :lol:

I think someone must have swapped your oil burner for a proper engine :wink:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
33,050 Posts
I got 40.2mpg from mine on a 33 mile trip too and from work once - it can be done - just stay off the brakes keep speed constant and stay in as high a gear as possible. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,685 Posts
John-H said:
I got 40.2mpg from mine on a 33 mile trip too and from work once - it can be done - just stay off the brakes keep speed constant and stay in as high a gear as possible. :)
YEA,,, IF ONLY !! i dream of figures like that !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the advice guys :)

the 46mpg was TRUE lol but not this month

few things you could be right on

petrol has been different as Vpower has been hard to come by!

not checked the Tyre pressure so will have to do this

not the brakes as they have just this week been changed with new hoses discs and pads

doubt the Cat as this has not long been on with a full pipewerx turbo back

i did get a misfire on the number 3 coilpack tho but it has only been the once on vagcom! ive replaced all 4 twice this year :S maybe its worth getting the gap on my spark plugs shortened?

anyway to check the bushes without having to get springs off etc again?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
Dance171 said:
did get a misfire on the number 3 coilpack tho but it has only been the once on vagcom! ive replaced all 4 twice this year :S maybe its worth getting the gap on my spark plugs shortened?
Just fitted a set of these, http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-4223-denso- ... vk20y.aspx

Can't guarantee they are an improvement, but the theory is they should give the coilpacks an easier time.

Will give you an update in a couple of years :lol:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
33,050 Posts
Charlie said:
John-H said:
I got 40.2mpg from mine on a 33 mile trip too and from work once - it can be done - just stay off the brakes keep speed constant and stay in as high a gear as possible. :)
Where's the fun in that :lol: :lol:

Charlie
It had novelty at the time but I soon got bored - only did it the once to see what I could get. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok Guys update for you

swapped mafs with a mate and performance figures right back up again so took the maf back where i got it from and swapped again for the third time!!!!

averaged 42mpg on way back and only 35mpg on the way there really taking my time

im happy its sorted but my question is what could be causing the maf to go bad? have i just been unlucky with the last one and it should be sorted now or is there something that may be causing it? its not the air filter as its brand new and the maf went bad before it? both lambdas have been changed and the pcv system has been changed! i have a forge dv valve so i really am out of ideas

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,917 Posts
Dance171 said:
im happy its sorted but my question is what could be causing the maf to go bad? have i just been unlucky with the last one and it should be sorted now or is there something that may be causing it?

Cheers
Was it a genuine maf from Audi?

Buying elsewhere is risky even if it is the bosch maf being supplied :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope got it from my garage that i use but it was a bosch one! maybe its just been a bad 2 mafs i got

hope so as this is the cheapest option :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
As said mate, if it happens again I believe your turbo seals to be worn which is contaminating the MAF with small traces of oil.

Where is the MAF coming from? Teesside TPS or?
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top