Audi TT Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2196 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi TT Quattro 3.2 Manual Roadster Petrol Blue & Ice Blue Nappa
397 Posts
Got a second hand console trim as the one on mine has the usual bubbling and marks - this one’s almost perfect….I just need a new ashtray to match condition wise as mines also suffering the same marks as my original console trim.

If anyones got one, message me! - posted in Marketplace WTB forum 😉

View attachment 484275
Managed to find a brand new ashtray lid with no defects from an international ebay business seller, fed up with trawling for used parts in good condition as it was virtually impossible. I must have fell lucky with the console trim above, but at least now I’ll have the complete set in new condition to replace my crappy ones…..

Product Bumper Communication Device Gadget Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
TTS 2010 8J sprint blue CDL
187 Posts
Managed to find a brand new ashtray lid with no defects from an international ebay business seller, fed up with trawling for used parts in good condition as it was virtually impossible. I must have fell lucky with the console trim above, but at least now I’ll have the complete set in new condition to replace my crappy ones…..

View attachment 484345
Quality photos are hard to come by on ebay.
I think if it was my business I would take great care over the pictures, but some just put 1 and expect you to zoom in on a poor resolution before buying.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Quality photos are hard to come by on ebay.
I think if it was my business I would take great care over the pictures, but some just put 1 and expect you to zoom in on a poor resolution before buying.
Very true, lost track of the number of sellers I contacted asking for better pics of condition, they simply can’t be bothered as most are breakers - glad I found a brand new lid as I didn’t really need the whole shebang of the ashtray and this’ll do very nicely!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Steve, were you aware that there is more than one type of brushed finish on the silver trim parts?
I knew from 7zap that there were three finishes - brushed aluminium, silver aluminium and steel metallic but wasn’t aware there were different versions of the brushed aluminium?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The 2008 and 2010 catalogues show "Matt-brushed Aluminium 5TG" and "Aluminium Laser 5MU" which, in the catalogue pictures at least, also looks brushed.

Let's hope that your new parts match each other and the other trim in your car.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The 2008 and 2010 catalogues show "Matt-brushed Aluminium 5TG" and "Aluminium Laser 5MU" which, in the catalogue pictures at least, also looks brushed.

Let's hope that your new parts match each other and the other trim in your car.
Well, my ashtray lid landed from Budapest today and it looks like a spot on match to me, looks the same, feels the same…..didn’t bother to smell it 😂

Pics of the one in situ to be replaced: (I think a previous owner went “badge-tastic” with the Audi logos) - a bit tacky for my liking so glad to see the back of it. I think he must have had some leftovers from sticking them on the brake callipers and thought it’d be a good idea to bodge one on the ashtray lid 🙄

Glad I’ve got these as they’re both as new, like bloody rocking horse poop to find in any resemblance of good condition!

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire White

Gear shift Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle

Pics of the replacements to be installed:

Netbook Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Gesture

Gas Rectangle Bumper Grass Soil

Automotive lighting Hood Car Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not so much as what I bought today, but a week or so ago. Autoglym ultra high definition wax. When I got her august last year, I did a somewhat quick detail to get rid of the majority of swirling etc but the weather got the better of me before I could do a full detail as I would have liked.

With the UK weather being glorious (for detailing) over the last week, I’ve spent a good few days working on the paint as follows

Bilt Hamber snow foam wash, dry, korrosol fallout remover, rinse, wash, dry.
Bilt Hamber clay with auto wash as lubricant, rinse, wash, dry.
Dual action machine polish with white chemical guys hexlogic white pads & menzerna super finish 3500, rinse, wash, dry.
Dual action machine polish with white chemical guys hexlogic pads & menzerna super finish plus 3800, rinse, wash, dry.
Pre-wax cleanser/glaze applied by dual action machine polisher with black chemical guys quantum hexlogic pads and Prima Amigo.
1 coat of Autoglym UHD wax applied and buffed off by hand.

Petrol Blue paint seems to not have many fans but I love the way it looks completely different in different lighting and angles as can be seen in the last pic.

Another coat to be applied tomorrow but results below on my metallic/pearl petrol blue paint 😁 excuse the rims and lack of tyre dressing, never enough hours in the day!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Grille Wheel Hood

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Daytime Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

·
Registered
2012 TT Quattro S-line, WMI-HPA K04 Stage 2+, with OEM+ hardware
231 Posts
Nickel Cylinder Bicycle part Office supplies Auto part

I purchased this cat back exhaust system recently. I'll be receiving it later this month due to shipping.

The K04 shouldn't suffer from back pressure with a full 3' piping from the turbo to CAT and back to a baffle free back box and 2.5' twin outlets.

I'll take some picture of when it arrives. LINK

·
Premium Member
2007 3.2 VR6 DSG Quattro Coupe
707 Posts
Nothing exciting just maintenance items and carried them out yesterday. Oil, oil filter, coolant, deionised water, pollen filter and a Bilt Hamber air con bomb. Also, the driver's heated mirror not working so a replacement has been ordered.

·
Registered
2012 TT Quattro S-line, WMI-HPA K04 Stage 2+, with OEM+ hardware
231 Posts
Nothing exciting just maintenance items and carried them out yesterday. Oil, oil filter, coolant, deionised water, pollen filter and a Bilt Hamber air con bomb. Also, the driver's heated mirror not working so a replacement has been ordered.
Will you be replacing the driver side heated mirror on your own or will you have a shop do it? Mine is done as well and am not sure how easy of a DIY it is. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,367 Posts
If you are replacing a broken mirror you have nothing to worry about, the only risk you have is snapping the glass. However if you are careful it won't break anyway. I've taken out a few and not broken any yet

·
Premium Member
2007 3.2 VR6 DSG Quattro Coupe
707 Posts
Will you be replacing the driver side heated mirror on your own or will you have a shop do it? Mine is done as well and am not sure how easy of a DIY it is. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
It is pretty much just plug and play and keep pressure evenly spread when fitting you shouldn't run into any issues. Not too worried about the one I'm removing it can break if it likes as it's going in the bin anyway probably just a case of been removed just that one to many times.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Before going to the expense of fitting a new mirror, take out the old one and clean up the contacts, had that on a number of Audi's, including on the RS6 where Audi insisted it needed a new mirror for something like £200, cleaned contacts and it worked fine.

Reactions: delmar.atlas

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Had it in the boot for a while, but finally got around to fitting the new PCV and gasket, nothing much wrong with the old one, but no record of it ever being changed. And for once a 5 minute job that really was 5 minutes.

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,367 Posts
Reactions: James-Mk2-TT-SLine
2121 - 2140 of 2196 Posts