Audi TT Forum banner
2161 - 2180 of 2199 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Arriving today! Bought it to keep an eye on the internals, intake valves, throttle body, inspect any oil leak, that sort of thing.

Wireless Inspection Camera, Depstech Endoscope Premium IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Endoscope 1200P HD Snake Camera for Android and IOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, Tablet - Black(11.5FT https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBFTAHE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_9G0BM86TR6CTGKQQZ8EX

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Reactions: delmar.atlas

·
Registered
504 Posts
This lot arrived the other day:
Stihl RE120, snow foam cannon, two buckets with grit guards, large microfibre drying towels, Meguier's lambs wool wash mitt and some small detailing brushes (in the bucket). I'm waiting for a delivery of snow foam and shampoo and a dry day to try it all out.

Kitchen appliance Gas Home appliance Cylinder Plastic

·
Registered
2008 TT Roadster
42 Posts
Just dropped mine at the bodyshop this morning. Front end respray, some general TLC for a few scuffs and scratches (prior to my ownership), and a flat and polish. Looking forward to seeing how it looks at the end of the week.

·
Registered
2012 TT Quattro S-line, WMI-HPA K04 Stage 2+, with OEM+ hardware
231 Posts
Arriving today! Bought it to keep an eye on the internals, intake valves, throttle body, inspect any oil leak, that sort of thing.

Wireless Inspection Camera, Depstech Endoscope Premium IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Endoscope 1200P HD Snake Camera for Android and IOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, Tablet - Black(11.5FT https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBFTAHE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_9G0BM86TR6CTGKQQZ8EX

Let us know how it works.

·
Premium Member
TTS 2010 8J sprint blue CDL
188 Posts
New batteries for the used siren I bought off ebay a couple of weeks back.
The cellpack.co.uk ones that SJP found are no longer available so bought these and I will need to do some soldering to get those connectors off and get them connected to the old ones.
Green Automotive tire Packing materials Liquid Plastic

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,573 Posts
The cellpack.co.uk ones that SJP found are no longer available so bought these and I will need to do some soldering to get those connectors off and get them connected to the old ones.

View attachment 486376
Hi, As long as the PCB is O.K. they will work fine. Repaired mine using those years ago.
Hoggy.:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Let us know how it works.
It works great, very easy to use. You download the app, connect through the WiFi signal generated by the Borescope and that's it. Plenty of options on the app to change resolution, take photos and record videos. Works on phone and tablet (Android in my case) It's a sturdy unit and great value at £30. You get 3 attachments (mirror, hook and magnet).

Reactions: darrylmg

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

View attachment 486376
what's the link for these? good to always have a backup

·
Registered
39 Posts

View attachment 486376
If you are talking about those legs they aren't soldered they are spot welded. If you introduce a hot soldering iron to those you're gonna have a bad time.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
If you are talking about those legs they aren't soldered they are spot welded. If you introduce a hot soldering iron to those you're gonna have a bad time.
Hmm you'renot wrong there. I can just pull them off if they're going to be difficult.
There are two on the +ve and one on the -ve and they're in the wrong plane also.
I just know it's going to be one of those seemingly simple jobs that turns into a 3 hour swearfest.
One guy on FB said he just connected them with regular wiring to the board and mounted them external to the whole case so he could change them again in the future. Doable.

·
Registered
754 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: IPG3.6

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I see what you did there! :p
You guys 🙄. No faith.
They're on and working 🤗. Not pretty, like they've been in a horrific accident, but working. I've got step by step pics which I wil put on the original thread.
In the end my method is similar to the one in the KB, except I leave the connectors attached to the board. If anyone needs a any solder work doing... ...don't call me! 😳

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I had an indicator light go out so i decided to look into LED's. Instead of replacing the indicator for an LED i decided to shift the reverse bulb's halogen over to the indicator's spot then installed these in the reverse light position.

Light Product Automotive tire Font Automotive lighting

Listed as "2x AUXITO T15 921 W16W CANBUS LED Reverse Wedge Light Bulb Globe 6500K AU" in ebay/aliexpress etc.

So far no errors which is a good start!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Just bought more of these bad boys:

Font Material property Tree Gas Number

FFS whoever changed the front speakers in my car used some sort of rubber coated nut which does not come off nicely at all.
Thought I would only need a couple of these VAG plastic nut things, but it turns out I need 6 as all of them on one door had these rubber special crap, plus two on the other door could be better.
I previously got 2 from LLL for £1.50 odd, and they have a handling fee of £2.99 plus delivery fee and they take absolutely ages to arrive.
This time I bought a pack of 50 (yes fifty!), for £6 plus £2.60 delivery from a random company that had the same part number.
Plastic parts are an absolute ripoff!
I'll be flogging some off on ebay shortly.
Maybe we should have a "What did you sell today..." thread.

·
Registered
TT 2.0 TFSI (FWD, EA888, CESA)
13 Posts
Just purchased this RamAir 2.0 TFSI Audi TT 8J Performance Intake Kit... It arrives Monday. :)

same, but the 2.0 TFSI FWD cesa variant. comes this coming week!

2161 - 2180 of 2199 Posts