Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a change in direction, but having now sold my B7 RS4 (missing it a bit) i'm after a sudo runaround for a maximum budget of £7000.

Highest priority is that the car is economical & by that i mean sensible fuel consumption, low RFL, cheap insurance & low maintenance/running costs. I in no way want to gamble on a potential money pit motor.

The main car will now be the Q5 as that will be used as family taxi, long distance cruiser & dog lugger so the car i'm looking for does not have to be that sensible & can be pretty much any body style (including soft top) but i don't lreally ike estates.

My gamble & one driver is that i can run this car for 6-12mths & suffer at worst minimal & at best zero depreciation & then maybe jump into something exciting in the Winter or Spring next year.

I don't want a car that i hate looking at or driving, so something with character & at least some performance is also important. Not bothered whether petrol/diesel & i guess a good Turbo Diesel would make some sense.

That's about it really, so open to any suggestions?? Need to make the purchase later this month.

TIA!!

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wallsendmag said:
MkI roadster
Defo an option, although i'd probably steer towards a Coupe rather than Roadster as a little room in the back would be better overall & i guess i'd get more car for my money in a Coupe.

Are good MK1 coupes down at this level now?? The MK1 TT was what drew me to the Audi Marque 8)

·
Registered
84,371 Posts
You should pick up an early mk1 coupe for that

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jampott said:
MX5 Paul?

Oh no... wait, did you just sell one to buy the Q5? :)
Wasn't mine & that was last Sept (i think). Not an option as far too girlie & the MkII which is the better would be out of budget.

Actually looking at MkI TT's on PH now. How ironic if i get a TT 8)

·
Registered
571 Posts
W7 PMC said:
That's about it really, so open to any suggestions
Audi A2 1.4 TDI 90 bhp.

Plenty of character, low running costs, decent handler, low depreciation given that they are a bit of a cult car nowadays, quite rare, decent build and innovative construction. What`s not to like?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Wolfsburger said:
Audi A2 1.4 TDI 90 bhp.

Plenty of character, low running costs, decent handler, low depreciation given that they are a bit of a cult car nowadays, quite rare, decent build and innovative construction. What`s not to like?
I had one as acourtesy car once and hated it

How about a Clio trophy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,939 Posts
W7 PMC said:
jampott said:
MX5 Paul?

Oh no... wait, did you just sell one to buy the Q5? :)
Wasn't mine & that was last Sept (i think). Not an option as far too girlie & the MkII which is the better would be out of budget.

Actually looking at MkI TT's on PH now. How ironic if i get a TT 8)
We're back in the fold, as you know, and it makes a great 2nd car.

I'm keeping the RRS for the remainder of this year, having had brakes replaced under warranty, new boots on the front, and an MOT / Service done last month.

Next year? We'll see... :roll:

There's an R8 and a GTR on Fairfield Park now. :eek:

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Making enquiries on a TT Coupe at the moment 8)

Would be a giggle & was the car that brought me to the Audi marque so i know what to expect & should tick most of the boxes for a 2nd car. TTR would not quite be flexible enough.

Whoever said A2 :lol: i'll pretend it was an April Fools.

That said, what other cars could fit my requirements? Open to most ideas & as for the Clio Trophy, i'll have a look at prices.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
E36 323i coupe

Good looks, 30+ mpg, rear wheel drive, practical, reliable, good cruiser, fun on the twistys, they're so old depreciation is virtually nil and a well maintained one is good for well over 200k miles. It won't cost you more than £5k either!

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
something small, yet has a bit of room, bit of poke, economical

seat ibiza cupra
Overview Vehicle Summary Performance & Economy Dimensions Interior/Exterior Safety
Fuel consumption (urban) 39.8 mpg
Fuel consumption (extra urban) 61.4 mpg
Fuel consumption (combined) 51.4 mpg
0 - 62 mph 7.6 seconds
Top speed 136 mph
Cylinders 4
Valves 8 v
Engine power 160 bhp
Engine torque 243 lbs/ft

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will have a look into the Seats, didn't think of those & defo happy with their styling.

Clio Trophy is on budget so also on the short list.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
IMHO the Seat Cupra is to in your face, to hardcore but the FR is a great compromise :wink:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
what i like is:
Fuel consumption (combined) 51.4 mpg
0 - 62 mph 7.6 seconds

·
Registered
87 Posts
Odd ball choice Smart forfour Brabus, they're rare and quirky.

0-62 in 6.9
35+ mpg in real life driving

Great for baiting BMW and Audi drivers, handles almost as well as a Cooper S. Its basically a tuned Mitsi Colt CZT with Merc sat nav and audio.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.