·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so in advance of getting the car, I'm thinking about the following:

Ghostty's collection checklist off Bobfats site
(What are the wet wipes for?!)

ID - license and paper counterpart

Finance - close the deal on the finance package on Tuesday, make sure the deposit is in the correct account, and either pay in advance or sort a bankers draft

Part-ex - get all my stuff out of my current car, and get together my V5, service book, alloy wheel locking nut, spare key and little card tag thingy

Insurance - going to stick with my current insurer in order to accrue another year NCB in July - need to call them and advise of change

Favourite CD

I'll sort the fixed price servicing once I'm there.

What else?

Cheers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check the banker draft option as I have been told that this may take a couple of days to clear.
If the money is in the bank ask if you can switch it on the day. (Banks give authorization for a transaction immediately - assuming you have the funds in the account.)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Part-ex - get all my stuff out of my current car, and get together my V5, service book and alloy wheel locking nut
What else?

Re the Part Ex

The only thing I forgot was the radio code & the special key tag with the key number on it.

Good luck

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scouserpc said:
Part-ex - get all my stuff out of my current car, and get together my V5, service book and alloy wheel locking nut
What else?

Re the Part Ex

The only the I forgot was the radio code & the special key tag with the key number on it.

Good luck
Good point - I'll go and find them. Cheers.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Janitor said:
penfold said:
Ghostty's collection checklist off Bobfats site
(What are the wet wipes for?!)
Sex wee [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
:eek: :roll:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Suggest you check with your Insurance co. if you have not already done so. You dont want to find that they demand a tracker is fitted or demand a stupid premium. Understand you want to get another years NCB but sometimes the cost to get there just doesn't make sense.

So if your assuming its as simple as letting them have your new car details.... dont.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Janitor said:
No, seriously :)

Actually, that may not be 100% accurate thinking about it as I now recall the ruler being used for a similar measure of excitement
I think it was Tommy Tippee's "Audi Ardon" :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BobFat said:
Suggest you check with your Insurance co. if you have not already done so. You dont want to find that they demand a tracker is fitted or demand a stupid premium. Understand you want to get another years NCB but sometimes the cost to get there just doesn't make sense.

So if your assuming its as simple as letting them have your new car details.... dont.
You have a good point actually, although I did ring them for a quote when I first ordered the car. They said it would cost an extra £164 or summink for the remaining 8/9 months on the policy. That was it, so if there are any unexpected obstacles I shall be a little miffed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Janitor said:
No, seriously :)

Actually, that may not be 100% accurate thinking about it as I now recall the ruler being used for a similar measure of excitement
That's ok, those little 6-inch things we had a school will be MORE than adequate. :oops:

Well, why else are we all buying these f***ing fast cars?!

:lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fave CD.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jersey Paul said:
Aha. Good point. Live recording of Faithless gig in Manchester will do nicely...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm looking at delivery beginning of next week (so first week in April), but I didn't want to get to the day before and find there was something I should have sorted well in advance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.