Cheers mate

I have though about this but did not know if I would gain much
Do you have one fitted and are you pleased

Cheers again

Phil

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Getting an aftermarket downpipe with a sports/racing or decat is one of the best hardware mods you can do for power gains. It also sounds a look fruitier too. However it's worth getting the map tweaked if you plan on doing that. If you want an aftermarket look to engine bay, go for some silicone hoses. That would make a bit of an impact.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mckenzie

I read a lot of the good things you have done to yours and must say what a top job you have done
Do you think the down pipe is worth the upgrade.
Also does the mk2 need a Strue brace I been thinking about one for my mk2

Thanks again

Phil

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spaceman10 said:
Cheers mckenzie

I read a lot of the good things you have done to yours and must say what a top job you have done

Thanks again

Phil

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Spaceman10 said:
Cheers mckenzie

Thanks again

Phil
No problem Phil and many thanks :) From everything I have seen a large bore downpipe and less restrictive cat along with some software updates is a decent upgrade to make. I would say it gives one of the best gains from bolt on hardware, in my opinion it's worth it but depends on your end goal. To get the most out of a 2.0tfsi you would need an upgraded fuel pump and potentially an upgraded intercooler added to your set-up, again it does depend on how far you want to take things.

The Mk2 doesn't need a front strut brace if that's what you mean? However I found it balances out an upgraded rear anti roll bar if you install one. If you are looking to improve the handling of your TT I would say first upgrade the rear anti roll bar and combined with some lowering springs it sharpens up the handling. Then you might look to front anti roll bar and or strut bar, and poly bushes. Again you can got quite crazy with these things and it's easy to get carried away! I found this out the hard way :lol: Before you know it you have spent 2K on a upgraded LSD diff and clutch!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lot of things for me to think about my friend thank you
Sounds like to pipe is the next thing for me to do easy one for me to change my self .
For me I really do like the 2.0 tfsi engine I had a cosworth for 9years and that was 340 bhp so I like my turbo engines

Thanks again

I let you know when I found a pipe and how I get on

Cheers

Phil :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
No problem Phil :) Keep us posted to your findings. Think you might find the milltek downpipe the easiest to pair up to your milltek cat back system. It's a 2.75" bore from memory where quite a few are 3" like the blueflame I have which could cause a bit of fitting hassle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts