Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Monster Trucks

Votes: 1 3.6%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Realise these are all totally different.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pas_55 said:
No MotoGP
Just click on Superbikes that's the neareat thing. :oops:

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Depends what you mean by 'better'? The only one I watch is F1 so I've voted for that but I appreciate a lot (if not all) of the other sports can be more exciting.

I used to watch every single qualifying session live back in the day when it was Mansell, Hill and Schumacher etc, let alone the actual races, but these days it's not the same for me. I usuallly look forward to a race and then lose interest after the first few laps when the procession settles down.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
For me F1 is going the way of football, overpaid prima donnas all complaining about each other and its becoming the equivalent of taking a dive when they get on the radio so 'Charlie' can hear, it's just become sterile.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WozzaTT said:
Depends what you mean by 'better'? The only one I watch is F1 so I've voted for that but I appreciate a lot (if not all) of the other sports can be more exciting.

I used to watch every single qualifying session live back in the day when it was Mansell, Hill and Schumacher etc, let alone the actual races, but these days it's not the same for me. I usuallly look forward to a race and then lose interest after the first few laps when the procession settles down.
Well the thing is i have never been into F1 just to be they are not cars. Not like rally cars where you recognize them as being Impreza's, Focus etc. They may as well be space ships the technology they have lol.

And also the fact the "best driver" starts pole they should make the fastest driver start at the back and fight his way through the rest rather than him just gain even more of a lead :(

i dunno just seems a bit ott to me. I prefer WRC and Touring Cars :p

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clearly F1 is leading the way. Knew it would be a popular choice just not my personal favourite :-|

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
burns said:
WRC for me; I don't see the point in driving around in circles. Plus, in how many other sports might competitors find livestock in their path? Or be travelling at ridiculous speeds with a cliff edge on one side, and a mountainside on the other?
I totally agree and voted accordingly :)

Charlie

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Another vote for the WRC from me.

In a previous life I had the (mis)fortune :) to get a ride alongside a few British Rally Champions, Tapio Laukkanen, Martin Rowe, Mark Higgins, as well as a few other good drivers who weren't champions. When you see what these guys do with a car on a daily basis on different surfaces, gravel, snow and tarmac, you can't help but be impressed with their car control.

I've also worked in F1 with Williams, Renault (as they were called at the time) and Red Bull, I have a lot of respect for the drivers and their skills but I still think Rally drivers have to cope with far more variable conditions and hundredths of a second count both on the clock and in their reactions.

Rally drivers are generally also more personable on the whole, although some of the F1 drivers are top blokes too, Mark Webber being one of the nicest blokes I've ever had the good fortune to meet. Conversely Ralf Schumacher was one of the worst, most ignorant, condescending..... you get the picture! :evil:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
NoMark said:
Rally drivers are generally also more personable on the whole, although some of the F1 drivers are top blokes too, Mark Webber being one of the nicest blokes I've ever had the good fortune to meet. Conversely Ralf Schumacher was one of the worst, most ignorant, condescending..... you get the picture! :evil:
Richard Burns; rallying's gentleman and all round legend.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He is certainly a legend but i think 2 legends that will never be forgotten is Colin McRae and Ayrton Senna RIP :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hi DTM (Touring car) for me. Amazing races this year with Mercedes, BMW and Audi. High technology and performance with a lot of overtakings.
Hope to get my Audi VIP pass for Valencia race next 30/09.

Cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am a big motorsport fan and go to races quit often. Mostly Touringcars, recently visiting Dutch Supercars in Zolder (Belgium, only 20 min. away), Spa and Zandvoort (NL). Last weekend wnet to Zandvoort for the DTM/DSC weekend.

NEver had seen DTM before, but wow! Simply fantastic....I particulary like the concept of a Silhouette (monocoque chassis with Fiber Body), so I would add DTM to the list.....

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You need to go to a F1 race at least once to calibrate the brain, tv just does not do it justice. But I am so into F1 I could just watch one car go around, I think it's the technical complexity that gets me so involved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts