Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go to someone who has OBDEleven and scan for this change in firmware. I would want to know who updated (and therefore drastically changed my car) with out my knowledge and consent. So I can coerce them to reverse it or make things right...right after I never go to them again.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
considering what an original VCDS costs, it's ridiculous you can't use it anymore after jut few years… that's why i have never bought an original VCDS, and never I will
It is somewhat frustrating that the tool doesn't work on later generation Audi models. I do still have an older A5 and the wife has a MK2 TT, so it is still of some use.

Go to someone who has OBDEleven and scan for this change in firmware.
Maybe this is something I should obtain?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe this is something I should obtain?
I got one (the older gen that works on androids only). Issue of buying OBDEleven now is that they have moved to "subscription" service. Aka. you pay montly, yearly for a licence to use certain functions...

Old users were spared and have "unlimited" account. I am not 100% sure but basic trouble code scaning & fixing & module reading could just be part of the "free" package. You will have to go to their website to see whats covered in which price.

I use mine to reset oil & service change intervals.

I think the best is to have someone you can simply borrow the diagnostic tool. Since this is a one off issue I hope. No need to spend money to diagnose something once. Maybe check local indy garages?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts