Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new set of wheels earlier of an ebay seller who is local so having already messaged him about pick up.

I have not had any reply and do not wish to pay his £40 carriage as i'm collecting them.

Anyway, on checkout it said the seller requires immediate payment.

Do I go ahead and pay the £40 carriage regardless?

I want to secure them as they are the only ones he has :?

Is it likely that I'll ever see my £40 again?

·
Registered
84,386 Posts
Jen-TT said:
contact first and wait for a reply...
Seconded you have won the wheels so just wait

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I would wait for him to reply as well.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Just message and sayyour pay cash on collection. Id rather someone did this, saves me paypal fees

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I had a similar problem with some leather seats, I won them on a Saturday and it took the seller until the following Wednesday to reply, all was well in the end although the pick up was not his home address, it was another 30miles away.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
Jen-TT said:
No, they are still for sale unless paid for, inc carriage.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
KentishTT said:
YELLOW_TT said:
Jen-TT said:
No, they are still for sale unless paid for, inc carriage.
Don't see how that works Kev.

You have won them. Not sure how the immediate payment works whether its official ebay procedure or just what the seller is asking.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
quite a problem, a bit of a worry for you but...i think if you really want them and they are the right price ..pay and try and contact for a pick up refund..but if its not such a great deal with the extra £40 then leave him a message saying you will pick up with cash saving him all the paypal fees..
thats what i woud do anyway as a buyer and as a seller i would sooner a pick up, saves all that packing..unless there is a face to face problem whether on a personal level or something not right with the wheels ..............good luck.............. not all the sellers are villians but there's alot out there

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trouble is they remain up for sale on ebay until paid for in full via paypal including carriage.

I tried to do as suggested to secure them and a message was flagged to say they were not sold and could still be purchased until I had paid in full for them and I was unable to amend the invoice to take off the carriage charge.

I have bought and paid for them now and just hope he is fair and gives me my £40 back when I collect them.

He has sold masses of wheels and has 100% feedback rating so I'm sure he will be fine.

And I now have a set of BBS LM's :p

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
doober said:
what are you doing with your rs4's?
You are my second enquiry in how many minutes :)

They will be up for sale.

They will not be with tyres as they are about a month old and will be fitted on the LM's but they will be £250 which is what I paid for them but I have had them refurbished for £250 as well since I've had them (so, cost me £500 in total) and they are in overall very good condition with one or two very small marks on the edge but these will be sorted as best as possible before sale.

Once they are cleaned and off the car and touched in I'll post up some pic's in the advert in a couple of weeks time.

They are not reps and I have been watching sets on ebay in much worse condition go for more, individually they sell on ebay for £80 to £100 in average condition so if not sold on here that is what I'll probably do.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Charlie said:
LM's sweeeet what finish did you get them in Kev?

I hope he is decent and sorts you out the £40, 100% feedback is reassuring.

Charlie
Hi Charlie;

I went for silver, think they look best on the lake silver TT's, IMHO.

I hope it all goes well and I can get them next week.

Cheers,
Kev

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.