Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of doin a seat delete, but can't for the life of me get this nut off... I've tried 3 different deep sockets and a box spanner. None of which seem to be able to reach. :-( can any point me in the right direction?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
What about a deep dish spanner? Or have you already tried that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
just done my intall all i use was the allen key and it came off bit of a pain get back on the nut keeps goin with the shaft :eek: and dont put them in to far u will struggle to lock the seats back

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jamie408 said:
just done my intall all i use was the allen key and it came off bit of a pain get back on the nut keeps goin with the shaft :eek: and dont put them in to far u will struggle to lock the seats back
I tried the Allen, it seemed like it was just going to strip the thread before it turned though...

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
if your not gonna re-use it then get some mole grips on it!...wrap a rag round it first to minimise any damage.

·
Registered
416 Posts
mine was the same took some force after a few rotations it came loose. founs a long reach spanner that might of done it today too

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it off with my vice grip in the end. Totally mauled, but not too worried... Now to get this bar on, now, how to do this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts