Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
If you have a crash with the wrong size tyres fitted you could have problems with the insurance

·
Registered
278 Posts
Personally I would really bother with stretch anymore. Back in the day when I had my MK4 Golf I ran 205 / 40 . 18 on a 8j so not massive but enough to look good - and I constantly worried about scratching my wheels, going too fast around corners (horror stories) and getting pulled by the rozzers.

How come the QS has 235? are the wheels slightly wider than the normal RS4's?

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
olibb said:
Personally I would really bother with stretch anymore. Back in the day when I had my MK4 Golf I ran 205 / 40 . 18 on a 8j so not massive but enough to look good - and I constantly worried about scratching my wheels, going too fast around corners (horror stories) and getting pulled by the rozzers.

How come the QS has 235? are the wheels slightly wider than the normal RS4's?
qS has 8in front and 8.5in rear wheels both with 235 tyres

·
Registered
278 Posts
kazinak said:
qs has 8.5 rears :wink: you can fit 225/40 and it should look like in the pictures above, front are 18x8 ,so probably 215/40 will be the best choice ,

YELLOW_TT said:
olibb said:
I constantly worried about scratching my wheels
sounds like you are shit driver then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im sure you should be annoying another forum by now? :D

When you live in the middle of nowhere even slight road decay could ruin the lip with stretch....

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
t-ting said:
Can anyone tell me the size of these tyres on this qs??

Thanks all,

Mike

View attachment 1 View attachment 2
People do this to qs's because they cannot be bothered to shell out for the more expensive yet effective standard 235's....you will also loose ride quality and have a tiny more gap in the arches. If you have coilies though this will not be a problem. :)

Look at the milltek qs pic, that car has rubber bands for tyres to. :?

Damien.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts