Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the TT im getting this weekend is in need of some work! One of the main tasks is the wheels, they are corroded and in big need of a refurbishment.

these are the wheels its coming with!

Now I have two options, either i can spend £45 a corner and get them all refurbished and looking good. OR i could save that £180 and stick it towards a new set of wheels. Ideally 17" so i can swap the tires over. Im all about the scene points as well so love the look of BBS RS wheels and similar. What do people think i should do? Buy a set of staggered fitment 17" BBS RS replicas for around £500 delivered and stick my rubber on them (its 225 so wont be stretched!) OR just get mine refurbished to a good standard and space them properly?
Jack

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Personally I'd do neither. Flog yours with the tyres for 200ish (at a guess) and spend a few hundred (or however much) more picking up some nice rims off ebay - RS4s, RS6s etc - whatever takes your fancy. The RS reps will look too small in 17" imo - and especially with the profile of tyre you prob have on the 17s....

I just picked up some mint genuine 18" split-rim BBS Speedlines with black faces and chrome edges with tyres from the bay. They are the wrong pcd so I need adaptors but I paid just.........................................£238 for them!! :p

·
Registered
83,936 Posts
If younare wanting to stick with 17s then IMOP there is only one wheel to go for comps 8)

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
17" is far too small for RS Reps, they will look like mini ultralights! I have 18" RS4 Reps on mine and I think they look shite, they are small and weak!

17" is too small for any wheel design with a lip, if you want to keep the tyres then you need to be hitting a wheel design where the spokes are straight and go right to the edge of the wheel really.

you need at least an 18" and to be honest I'd be avoiding the BBS rims as everyman and his dog has em, they are as common as the RS reps.

I'm going to pull mine off the car very soon and sling a set of XXR or 3SDM's OR might go for something completely different with hub adapters etc ;)

that's my two pence worth :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have all Confirmed my thoughts. 17" is too small for non OEM wheels. Comp's seems to be the way to go like Yellow said! I will be on the bay looking for a decent set then and getting them spaced out nicely to fill the arches! :) thanks for the input lads. Can't wait to get my TT sorted! Haha.

·
Registered
83,936 Posts
Stealth69 said:
I'd be avoiding the BBS rims as everyman and his dog has em, they are as common as the RS reps.
:)
Everyman and his dog has BBS reps not BBS bit of a crapper when you spent £2500 on a set of genuine BBS Le Mans for your yellow roadster 10 years ago [smiley=bigcry.gif] and £1500 9 years ago on a set of genuine BBS CH for your mk4 Golf [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Stealth69 said:
I'd be avoiding the BBS rims as everyman and his dog has em, they are as common as the RS reps.
:)
Everyman and his dog has BBS reps not BBS bit of a crapper when you spent £2500 on a set of genuine BBS Le Mans for your yellow roadster 10 years ago [smiley=bigcry.gif] and £1500 9 years ago on a set of genuine BBS CH for your mk4 Golf [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
LOL dude you could put 50p coins on a yellow roadster and it would still look badass..... ont eh plus side you know you have gone the rich mans route even if the untrained eye can't tell any difference ;) LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts