• Standard Sprayed Black

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at various pictures of peoples grilles

3bar seems quite popular (when available) but i dont see alot of MESH grilles around - i quite like the look - may sway my purchase..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tubbs said:
I had a Caractere Mesh Grill on my Black TT.
thats nice do u have any close up or closer upper shots

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I have a cheapo replica one of these and after a bit of fettling it looks great.
if you search under my name you should find some close up pics. Would post a link but tricky on my phone

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
No contest for me - QS 3 bar

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sorry, dont think I have any closer shots of the grill, will check when im home later.

I would of taken a picture for you but I sold that TT 2 years ago, picking up my new one (mk1) on Monday tho!

If anyone is selling a caractere grill or audi front spoiler then please let me know! :)

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Tubbs said:
Sorry, dont think I have any closer shots of the grill, will check when im home later.

I would of taken a picture for you but I sold that TT 2 years ago, picking up my new one (mk1) on Monday tho!

If anyone is selling a caractere grill or audi front spoiler then please let me know! :)
knew you would come back :lol: just in time for the weekend meeting 10th 11th april :wink: good to see you back

·
Registered
744 Posts
trev said:
Tubbs said:

knew you would come back :lol: just in time for the weekend meeting 10th 11th april :wink: good to see you back
Trev, you must know me too well! :lol:

Is there a meeting on this weekend?

I'll take a look in the events section and catch up with you there.

Pete

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i really like the 3bar and the mesh - porblem being that the 3 bars a very hard to find - even more so being in cyprus :(

going to clean up the current grill - maybe spray her up a bit until a 3bar pops up but then again maybe mesh... i really like both of these looks.. :?

thanks for the opins though

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
how is the 3-bar hard to find? its an OEM part?

heres mesh on my car:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Have thought about it several times but quite like the variation in the badge

As for too much black - for me its a no and you have to see it in the flesh to rerally appreciate and many now have :p

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
3 bar wins every time! :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
3-Bar with black rings......From what I understand from Naresh, there are issues with the mesh grille as it makes it difficult to get to the bolts that hold the bumper on - should you wish to head down the DRL/Smoked corners etc. route as you have to bond the grille in place......I could be wrong though!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I would say mesh, but not necessary metal, I fitted mine with black plastic mesh as was trying to create the RS4 look:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.