Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you big turbo boys..and girl...i recently had a drive in a mates m3...awsome car...seems to have it all...power, comfort,4 seats, reasonable economy...only spoilt by starting to look a bit dated. Any how, got me thinking...how does a bt TT fair when side by side at the traffic light grand prix?....have any of you had any tussles with an m3?

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
M3 coupe 6MT
0-to-60-mph time: 4.1 sec
Standing 1/4 mile: 12.5 sec @ 114.8 mph

I ran 12.2 sec standing 1/4 mile with 0-to-60 at 3.8 with 420bhp
I'm now running 550bhp + so would say it'll be quicker.

Hope that helps.

Steve

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If both cars are the same power so around 340bhp then my money would be on the TT winning due to having more torque, fake 4WD :lol: and being slightly lighter than the M3... this would be based on a straight line race.

Throw some corners in the mix and things may be different as the M3 is a very good handling car out the box the TT on the other hand very average at best :cry:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Standard e46 m3 isnt that quick with my mapped TT 280 bhp 300ft lb. I could sit on the arse of an m3 all day long at brandshatch, and he couldnt get past me when he was behind.

Dont know if that was just the face I could get on the power ealier in the TT tho.

This confused him and he came up and asked me what I had done to it in the pits. I told him it was standard. He told me I was lying as there were flames coming out the exhaust :p

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Jay-225 said:
If both cars are the same power so around 340bhp then my money would be on the TT winning due to having more torque, fake 4WD :lol: and being slightly lighter than the M3... this would be based on a straight line race.

Throw some corners in the mix and things may be different as the M3 is a very good handling car out the box the TT on the other hand very average at best :cry:
Any TT with a BT setup wont be running standard suspension, arbs or brakes so handling will be improved over stock.
Steve

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Garth said:
V6RUL said:
Any TT with a BT setup wont be running standard suspension, arbs or brakes so handling will be improved over stock.
Steve
But still not a patch on the m3 :roll:
Ok then.
Steve

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
jamman said:
neilc said:
Overtook one once on a straight on a trackday in my QS 350.
Neil was going backwards after spinning :wink:
Sorry :oops: :oops: but :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
V6RUL said:
Jay-225 said:

Steve
Oh i do argee but the fact is after spending all that money on getting it to handle as good as the M3 plus the price of a BT conversion to keep pace you might as well just bought the M3 in the 1st place, much cheaper option :wink:

Also do the same mods on a M3 then where would the TT be left :(

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i sold my m3 a couple of weeks ago and tt and m3 totally different cars,m3 keep the revs up and its quick,the tt seems too run out of puff to early and mines remapped,going into a corner in a m3 and it will go round with no fuss,smooth and with confidence ,with the tt it just seems on edge and can get abit hairy(the 4 wheel drive seems a bit pants)

·
Registered
332 Posts
chrisj82 said:
i sold my m3 a couple of weeks ago and tt and m3 totally different cars,m3 keep the revs up and its quick,the tt seems too run out of puff to early and mines remapped,going into a corner in a m3 and it will go round with no fuss,smooth and with confidence ,with the tt it just seems on edge and can get abit hairy(the 4 wheel drive seems a bit pants)
That's because the 4 wheel drive only kicks in when you've already lost traction at one front wheel. Up to that point, the ESP is "trying to help", but I think it has to be more defensive than the BMW system. Just my tuppence worth. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts