Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating a bit of a colour change on the wheels on my TTS for the summer. I was thinking getting them painted black or titanium. Anyone got any pictures, suggestions or (if your feeling really handy) doing a quick photoshop?

Really need to take some new pics but here is the best side on shot I have (still the one from dealer collection!):

Look forward to your input!

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Keep them silver matches the mirrors and frankly, looks less..........well

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toshiba said:
I know what your saying but I do get bored easily! I saw a white S Line on the way to work today with titanium RS4's and thought, hmmm that looks quite tasty......

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Fair point I think from Toshiba about your silver wheels matching the mirrors - could look a bit of a hotch potch? I personally wouldn't go black anyway.

This is my Ibis White with 19" titaniums. They look a bit darker than they actually are due to being in shadow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dark wheels on a white car are a bit "show off"... I thought this until I saw an Ibis TT at my french dealer : it looks nice ! And when I discovered the Ibis TTS with the same titanium wheels... It is just killing you, despite the non-matching mirrors :

A TTS with titanium : http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/38236-getting-boxster-spyder-15.html#post429327

Black wheels look non-stock and would be to dark IMO.

Audi color code for titanium is L8AU according to what I gathered on the Net. Someone on RS246.com has had his RS4 painted in that color and it also looks great.

When I'll pick up my car, I will see live how alloy wheels look like (especially the mirror match)... but I already got the quote for painting them titanium :p

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What happens when you get bored of black wheels?? Going back to silver will be tricky.

Keep to silver and keep the car looking like it should.

·
Registered
37 Posts
graTT58 said:
What happens when you get bored of black wheels?? Going back to silver will be tricky.

Keep to silver and keep the car looking like it should.
Well, he will have to repaint them with the original aluminium color paint... or to change car :p

·
Registered
665 Posts
How about a nice set of wheel trims...Chevrolet style. That's Chevrolet as in Chevrolet Matiz style! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Here's mine :)

If you change the colour of your wheels,you better like them because its going to be hard to re paint them a second time.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Toshiba said:
Looks less what Tosh :x ?

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
hugy said:
Toshiba said:
It all opinion, and silver looks better and matches up the silver parts - sorry...
No offence meant.

Agree with ealier post if you changed all the matching bits to black i think it woudl look good.
again opinion...

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Do the mirrors though in gloss and add a gloss grill :wink:

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
My wheels look mostly anthracite, but are occasionally a very nice silver. Seems to coincide with me washing the car, can't think why.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Toshiba said:
hugy said:
Toshiba said:
It all opinion, and silver looks better and matches up the silver parts - sorry...
No offence meant.

Agree with ealier post if you changed all the matching bits to black i think it woudl look good.
again opinion...
No offence taken :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I would just keep them standard - they looks spot on IMO.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the opinions and feedback gents. You in particular Manphibian - above and beyond with some awesome Photoshopping skills there! I'll have to get you do do a few of my pics and you can turn my grey hair back to brown. :)

Have to say the anthracite/titanium look is quite appealling and off sets the white of the body nicely..... I'll be sure to post up my decision - whatever that may turn out to be!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.