Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a wheel guide any where? I've had a search but can't find anything? Looking to find out all the dif options when it comes to wheels and what they're all called, fitment etc etc.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,342 Posts
Hi Derek, Can't find a list for Mk2, only Mk1 wheels. Hopefully some one may know.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Used to be a Knowledge Base topic with all the OEM wheels pictured and detailed, but that disappeared in a teddy throwing incident, and has never been re-instated. :(

This thread has some old brochures, which show wheel options and may help:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=286997

Otherwise, just ask specific questions about wheels you fancy, which is what most people do. It's one topic that comes up a lot that always get a good response, so don't worry about getting negative comments, you will get answers. :)

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
There was never a wheel thread.
Maybe others should do something and the teddy thrower will just link it - I dont see why only one person has to do it all :roll:

Teddy can easily get thrown again.
All the wheels can be viewed in the links for the old/new brochures.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Sorry Tosh, didn't intend to rile you. I went to the KB expecting the wheel article to be there. As you say, your brochure links mostly do the job and make an interesting read.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers everyone,

I like the look of the 19" wheels (http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/audi_a ... wheel_2657). They seem to come on other Audis and VWs, do they all have the same fitment as the TTs?

Second i like these 18" (http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/audi_a ... wheel_2645).

Is there much of a difference in the feel of drive between them? i've driven cars before with big wheels and it seemed to effect the power sterring, made it a big harder and also the handling of the car. Just wondering what it's like on the TT?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Not all Audi wheels will be TT fitment, some have a larger centre bore, so will need spigot rings to reduce them down to 57.1mm others will have the wrong ET and a few will not be 5x112 PCD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts