Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying some 18" wheels, the cars on standard 17,s at the moment, ive been looking at different web sites,but i cannont work out what offset/ et to buy, i do not want to fit spacers
could anyone help with this thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Hi Dave,

Try putting your figures into this comparison chart:

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

The standard ET for 9" wide wheels on a TT is 52. You can play tunes on the chart to find the effect on clearances etc. of any combination of width, ET, diameter and tyre size. Pretty useful tool that somebody else posted on here a while ago.

Just noticed you say you are on 17's. I know they are 8" wide, but not sure of the standard ET for them. Anyone else help with this?

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
The standard wheels are

9x18" ET52 fitted with 245/40 R18" tyres
9x19" ET52 fitted with 255/35 R19" tyres

You can easily get a 9" wide ET40 wheel on with a 245 tyre

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I went for a "Team Dynamics" aftermarket version of the Audi split rim multi spoke's like the ones your looking at which are Audi replica's. Like the style that's for sure. The 43 ET is no problem, the wheel will stick out 4mm from standard which is fine. People have been putting an extra 10-15mm spacers to push the wheel out further and have not had any issues. I think it will be completely fine.

·
Registered
16,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
McKenzie said:
I went for a "Team Dynamics" aftermarket version of the Audi split rim multi spoke's like the ones your looking at which are Audi replica's. Like the style that's for sure. The 43 ET is no problem, the wheel will stick out 4mm from standard which is fine. People have been putting an extra 10-15mm spacers to push the wheel out further and have not had any issues. I think it will be completely fine.
Thanks Daniel, i have just put the measurements into the tyre / wheel calculator, and they will fit
dave

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
davelincs said:
McKenzie said:
The standard 17" wheels are 47 ET. I sold my old set a few weeks ago. :wink:

What style are you thinking of Dave?
I was looking at these wheels,but they have a 43 et
http://www.bmautosport.co.uk/detail.php?siteid=1569
They will sit 4mm further in that the OEM 9x18" ET52 wheels

Ideally you need an 8.5 - 9" wide wheel on the MK2 TT as the 245/40 R18" tyres will sit better on the rim

·
Registered
16,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jbell said:
davelincs said:
McKenzie said:
The standard 17" wheels are 47 ET. I sold my old set a few weeks ago. :wink:

What style are you thinking of Dave?

Ideally you need an 8.5 - 9" wide wheel on the MK2 TT as the 245/40 R18" tyres will sit better on the rim
The tyres supplied are 225,s not 245, i assume the 225 ,s will sit better on an 8" wheel

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
davelincs said:
jbell said:
davelincs said:

The tyres supplied are 225,s not 245, i assume the 225 ,s will sit better on an 8" wheel
They will but you need a 225/45 R18" tyre to maintain the rolling radius and keep your gearing and speedo correct

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You could get away with 40 profile but you are right in saying 45 would be much better and would only be 0.2% out on the speedo compared to around 3% out using 40 profile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.