Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People have always been asking about what fits and what doesn't. I'm not a guru to say what will and what won't but here is what I have. Maybe it will help someone out when making decisions so why wouldn't I share.

The car and wheels:

Car specs: '00 TT Quattro Roadster, dropped with H&R suspensions lowering spring kit. Can't remember whether it was -30mm or -35mm drop.

Wheel specs: 19" Artec Turbo P 3-piece alloys.

Now this is where it gets a bit tricky. Since they are 3-piece wheels, I'm guessing someone has put them in pieces for polishing. The front ones have this data inside the center piece of the wheel. "10,0 J x 19H2 ET 44" The rear ones say "9 J x 19H2 ET 44". So based on this you might think that the front ones are wider than rear ones, but that isn't the case. I measured them because I was under impression my rear ones are either 10" or 10.5" wide and 265 tire really looks like a bit too narrow for the wheel. They actually proved to be 11" wide and front ones are just 10" wide.

They are with Porsche bolt pattern so I have 22mm adapters to make them fit the TT.

So, to clear it out the wheel specs

Front: 10x19" ET44 with 22 mm spacer adapters, 245/35-19 tire
Rear: 11x19" ET44 with 22 mm spacer adapters, 265/30-19 tire

They are a close call but they don't rub in normal driving situations. In a good bump while front wheels are turned more than ½ turn from steering wheel, they might scratch a bit on the front inner plastic fender/mud guard top screw. Even this might solve with different style screws and since it rubs really really rarely I haven't been thinking of it as an issue. 225 or even 235 tire on front should propably cure it also, but look a bit akward on 10" alloy.

Right then, I hope I have mixed up you all enough for now. :p

Feel free to ask or comment.

Mici

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
How did you measure the width of the wheel? across the tyre or the outside of the rim?

looking at the rear of your car and how the wheels are still well within the arches i find it hard to believe that they are actually 11" wide rims.

Matt

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
jbell said:
I think youre wheels will be 9" front and 10" rear, to measure the width of a wheel you measure between the inside of the lips before you put the tyre on
thats what i was getting at Jon...think he may have just laid a tape accross the tyres.

Matt

·
Registered
895 Posts
jbell said:
I think youre wheels will be 9" front and 10" rear, to measure the width of a wheel you measure between the inside of the lips before you put the tyre on
Agreed, you can usually expect a wheel to measure 1" wider than it actually is if you measure across the outside of the rim edges.

Nice car by the way, very nice! 8)

Alan W

·
Registered
895 Posts
Have a look at the Wheel Offset/Spacer Calculator I posted below to work out what fits within the confines of the bodywork and what doesn''t:

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... p?t=112234

Using the above calculator shows that 11" wide rear wheels with ET44 offset and 22mm spacers would protrude 25.75mm beyond the bodywork whilst 10" wide wheels would be inline with the wheel arch.

Alan W

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I measured it with tires on, and overall width of the wheel. Inside, it really might be 10" measured from the groove for tire. The wheels were in the car when I first bought it a year and half ago. And actually were THE thing that made me decide for this car, was looking for Boxsters at first...

265 rubber still looks a bit too narrow on the rim. :D But with wider I'm sure it would rub on arches, its so close even now.

Thanks for the kind comments about the car. I really love the car, all I have changed about it is bumpers from the day I bought it. And the color had to have a bit more bling on it, which doesn't show on the photos tho.

Waiting anxiously for the summer to get rid of the hardtop. :wink:

Mici

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Mici said:
Car specs: '00 TT Quattro Roadster, dropped with H&R suspensions lowering spring kit. Can't remember whether it was -30mm or -35mm drop.
H&R drop 25mm on Quattro cars

Mici said:
Wheel specs: 19" Artec Turbo P 3-piece alloys.

The front ones have this data inside the center piece of the wheel. "10J x 19 ET44" The rear ones say "9J x 19 ET44".
If that is what is written on the wheels they are on back to front, the front should be 9" wide with a 245 tyre and the rear 10" wide with a 265 tyre.

The data on the wheels is correct regarding the width.

I love those wheels, they look superb on the car 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alan W said:
Do you have any photos with the hardtop on Mici?

I love roadsters with the hardtop, they just look soooo good, and different! 8)

Alan W
Yea, was just going to post a few. :D

Doesn't look that bad with the egg-shell on either. :lol:

Mici

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.