Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just bought a cheapish TT with what I thought was just a dead key fob and a de-syncronised alarm, my local franchised garage tells me that "nothing is communicating with the dashboard cluster, so that would need to be replaced before we investigate the problems". Major replacement is not in my dictionary.

Is there any way to work around all this, particularly the fact that, when the door is locked manually, the alarm primes ok, but when unlocked, the alarm stays on .... permanently! I have a sneaking suspicion that the problem lies inside the door - no courtesy light and no window drop on opening. The remote I can live without.

I have a Bentley's manual on its way, but until/beyond then, any tips anyone?

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
As James says the micro-switch is a suspect.
Forgive me but, you have tried replacing the fob batteries I take it? And resync'd the fob. There are two systems in the fob. One is the passive engine immobiliser reed which does not require a battery. The remote locking etc., does however.
So far as the cluster goes. they can be repaired by a couple of dedicated companies at a fraction of the replacement cost- so don't loose heart if that's the end result.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tritium said:
As James says the micro-switch is a suspect.
Forgive me but, you have tried replacing the fob batteries I take it? And resync'd the fob. There are two systems in the fob. One is the passive engine immobiliser reed which does not require a battery. The remote locking etc., does however.
So far as the cluster goes. they can be repaired by a couple of dedicated companies at a fraction of the replacement cost- so don't loose heart if that's the end result.
Yeh - replacing the fob batteries was my first port of call .... and the fob transmits ok. (The car battery was replaced when I bought the car .....?) And I tried all the variations of key syncronising.

Where exactly is the door micro-switch? I can't see anything on the door and without a manual yet, I'm really in the dark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.