Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gear shift is a bit vague coming out of reverse to 1st or 2nd. I have reset the cable adjusters, replaced the sliding shoe and lubed the selector pivot. Gear selection is smoother but still this niggling issue. Come oit of reverse, go into 1st and it is usually back in reverse.
Research suggests the bush on the gear lever end, the one for lateral movements, may be worn.
Dieselgeek in the US have produced a bush to replace the stock Audi item. This is not a listed part on the TT parts diagrams, it looks like the whole lever assembly needs to be replaced to get this one bush from VAG.
Sadly Dieselgeek's interpretation of recent UK and EU VAT rules neans that they will not ship orders less than $190 to anyone in those areas :-(
Does anyone in the UK or EU know if an alternative to the Dieselgeek bush, one that is available to UK and EU customets?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I’m in Holland ,and Dieselgeek did ship me just the bush. Had to pay €50 shipping, but next day arrival. You good send him an email. He promptly answer’s. Quite expensive though for one nylon bushing.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
It wouldn't be that expensive to get one, or more, made if we could get hold of the dimensions. Delrin rod is not costly, and finding a machinist no challenge.
@Tonimacaroni, what parts would be need to be measured to get the bush dimensions?
Mac.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
If I had a lathe at hand. I would have solved this myself.
Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle Screenshot Bumper
Automotive tire Font Material property Screenshot Circle

@PlasticMac
Few pictures makes it easier to see.

@magwych
Found a link on Amazone. Probably Chinese

1 - 20 of 20 Posts