Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...You local VW dealer (do Audi do the same oil at the same price?)
Quantum 3 long life,5/30 fully synthetic,504.00 and 507.00specs...just over £35 for 5 litres.Made by Castrol according to the parts man.
Why go to Halfords?

·
Registered
737 Posts
*JP* said:
...You local VW dealer (do Audi do the same oil at the same price?)
Quantum 3 long life,5/30 fully synthetic,504.00 and 507.00specs...just over £35 for 5 litres.Made by Castrol according to the parts man.
Why go to Halfords?
Try here Opie Oils,as they are a site sponsor then you may be able to get a discount as a forum member....

Jim.........

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are Opie oils cheaper?
E.G. £41.99 for ONLY 4 LITRES of the Castrol eqivalent (+carriage),although I don't know what special offers/discounts are on at the moment.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I heard that Costco are cheap for oil. Only problem is you need a membership card. It would help if you knew someone who has membership. I'm going to check them out as my wife has a card. :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Gram TT said:
I heard that Costco are cheap for oil. Only problem is you need a membership card. It would help if you knew someone who has membership. I'm going to check them out as my wife has a card. :)
I use the mobil1 from Costco. £20 for 4 litres.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
XTR said:
Gram TT said:
I use the mobil1 from Costco. £20 for 4 litres.
+1 for the Mobil 1 & Costco :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Went to Bolton Audi yesterday to pick up my oil and filter with a sump plug and while the bloke was serving me he asked if I wanted any oil, so I asked him what oil and how much. He told me they sold Shell Helix ultra fully synthetic 5w30 for £17.5/litre :eek: :eek: :eek: so I told him I can get the same stuff for £42 (5 litre). He told me to wait a minute while he spoke to his manager, he came back 30 seconds later and said we can do it for £7.6/litre so it came to £38 for 5l :eek: :eek: :p :p, I told him I'll have that, I even asked if thats the best he can do (being cheeky), he told me he has never sold this oil this cheap before. A bit of a bargain from the stealers!!! was well happy with that. :p :p :p :p :p

Shak

·
Registered
721 Posts
shshivji said:
Went to Bolton Audi yesterday to pick up my oil and filter with a sump plug and while the bloke was serving me he asked if I wanted any oil, so I asked him what oil and how much. He told me they sold Shell Helix ultra fully synthetic 5w30 for £17.5/litre :eek: :eek: :eek: so I told him I can get the same stuff for £42 (5 litre). He told me to wait a minute while he spoke to his manager, he came back 30 seconds later and said we can do it for £7.6/litre so it came to £38 for 5l :eek: :eek: :p :p, I told him I'll have that, I even asked if thats the best he can do (being cheeky), he told me he has never sold this oil this cheap before. A bit of a bargain from the stealers!!! was well happy with that. :p :p :p :p :p

Shak
That doesn't happen very often!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Gram TT said:
shshivji said:

Shak
That doesn't happen very often!! :eek: :eek:
Shows what ****** they are if you ask me, I wont be lining their pockets thats for sure!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
was8v said:
I always end up using opie oils.

Then go to "service packs" and you get 6 litre of oil and a filter for about £45

Sometimes less than buying 5litres of oil on its own!

For the VW stuff, try: http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info. ... ts_id=1141
I just went to the Opie oils site, I can't find the 6 litre service packs? I can only find the recommended TT service packs which only contain 4 litres of oil, surely the TT needs 4.5L oil if your changing the filter. So when Opie oils say plenty and spare, either i'm wrong or they are.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
the stig said:
Have you tried the Gulf of Mexico !! :roll:

Soz just in a funny mood. :wink:
Exactly: free for the taking. BP would love for all to come and take as much as you could carry home.

·
Registered
343 Posts
lazerjules said:
was8v said:
I always end up using opie oils.

Then go to "service packs" and you get 6 litre of oil and a filter for about £45

Sometimes less than buying 5litres of oil on its own!

For the VW stuff, try: http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info. ... ts_id=1141
I just went to the Opie oils site, I can't find the 6 litre service packs? I can only find the recommended TT service packs which only contain 4 litres of oil, surely the TT needs 4.5L oil if your changing the filter. So when Opie oils say plenty and spare, either i'm wrong or they are.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
hmmm seems they have changed it, I can only see a 4litre pack. Last I bought was 5l + a 1l bottle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.