Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new TT owner here!! I have some 17" competition wheels on my car which are in good condition but I have seen some on other websites that have been polished so they are mirror effect. Has anyone ever done this and have an idea of how much it will cost me to get done?

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
They come up on ebay for about £400 but they take a lot of work to keep looking good and will not last long if you use them over the winter and let the salt get at them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, Thats a good point and as I am slighty lazy I dont think i could keep the cleaning up. I just wondered if i could get mine polished so I would not have to buy another set.

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
norfolknumpty said:
Cheers, Thats a good point and as I am slighty lazy I dont think i could keep the cleaning up. I just wondered if i could get mine polished so I would not have to buy another set.
The powder coating place local to me has a finish that has almost a polished alloy look to it you could get this finish and it would be easy to look after :idea:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have two sets of polished comps, the best guy by far is Dav at PureKlas http://www.pureklas.co.uk/

I have a set being sprayed fro the winter as keeping them polished is a bit of a pain, I even have the insides polished :p

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
norfolknumpty said:
The powder coating place local to me has a finish that has almost a polished alloy look to it you could get this finish and it would be easy to look after :idea:
+1 on that my local wheel refeb place does som chrome powerecoats that are a real mirror finish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts