Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few of you guys use them. Which one Should I get?

http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/ctek-mxs5.0.php

I cant really see the difference and think the MXS 5.0 is plenty good enough for me. I have a Track TT thats left for weeks or even a months at a time waiting for sun, and the occasional holiday for a couple of weeks to leave my daily on or just to charge her. Do I need anything more then the 5.0? COuld I get away with the 3.6?

I used to have a optimate which I seem to have lost and it wasnt great anyway, dead batterys it was poo at charging and just bang on a old fashion charger was far better!

Cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have a cheap one that I bought from Lidl on one of their special offers, cost me about £12. It has been connected to my Porsche which gets little use for most of the last 5 years and has been fine.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I've got the XS3600 which is now the 3.6, it does everything I need. Haven't had any problems in the 18 months I've had it. TT is permanently left on charge as it can stand in the garage for weeks sometimes especially during the winter. Can't see where you get the 5.0 is only another £6?? Looks like £15 to me on that link :?

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,349 Posts
Hi, I have the 3.6 & the 0.8 & even the 0.8 is excellent as long as battery is good to start with. It keeps my 11 years OEM battery in good condition. The max charging current limited to 0.8 amps & the 3.6 to 3.6 amps, makes sense really.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its only £6 more if you price match £54 delivered, yet best I can find the 3.6 for is £48 delivered. I ordered the 5.0 and been told should be with me 2morrow! Amazing service!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've got the 7000, I think it will charge up 225AH so its a bit overkill for me.

I've found the 12v supply mode very useful as you can use it as a bench power supply for testing things in the garage and saving the memory of cars if you need to take the battery out for access but don't have the radio code. I'm not sure whether they all do this but I think its worth having this function if you are a bit of an enthusiast mechanic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts