Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to buy an exhaust soon and would like some advice, i have done lots of searches and pipewerx seem to come out on top of peoples opinions, unfortunately i live in kent and dont fancy the drive, so it leaves me with the choice of miltek or blueflame. so the question is which exhaust should i go for?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Have to agree with Mark the pipewerx does look awesome and for the money you can't go wrong even with a trip up from Kent.

But I have a milltek and I'm more than happy with it. I'm also in Kent so if you want to have a look/ride you are more than welcome

·
Registered
84,371 Posts
Very happy with my blueflame

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
markypoo said:
Drive and go for the Pipewerx :wink:
I came to the same conclusion after much reading and speaking to Pipewerx on the 'phone. Hopefully I'll have one in time to celebrate 10 years of happy TT ownership in May.

It's a 298 mile round trip for me.

Joe

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was edging toward the blueflame, because of the great price in the group buy, just when i did a search for pics it did not look like the one in the group buy, it had 2 pipes exiting from 1 via a nasty looking y pipe.is this how the blueflame is configured?

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I'm sure evryone will recommend what they have, I have the Pipewerx, it is louder than most of the norm and I have a resonated cat back but with a 3" DP and sport (non existant cat XS-Power) cat it sounds quite loud so you might be better hearing and driving yourself. Like Neil says it is well made and custom so for me ideal and sounds great :p

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
i did the same trip joe! defo worth it :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TTCool said:
markypoo said:
Drive and go for the Pipewerx :wink:
I came to the same conclusion after much reading and speaking to Pipewerx on the 'phone. Hopefully I'll have one in time to celebrate 10 years of happy TT ownership in May.

It's a 298 mile round trip for me.

Joe
well you beat me by 6, i am 292 miles away.didnt think anyone could get further away.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my mistake, it is 292 miles one way, so i wipe the floor with you with 584, still considering it though.

·
Registered
84,371 Posts
doober said:
it had 2 pipes exiting from 1 via a nasty looking y pipe.is this how the blueflame is configured?
That is on the V6 and qS exhaust the pipeworks is the same on the V6 qS

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
I'm only having the Pipewerx resonated cat back (twin silencers) as my OEM silencer has finally given up after nearly 10 years. It's where the pipe enters the silencer. There was only just enough metal left to take the weld. It's been patched up to see me through till May. I'm told I can add the 3" down-pipe and sport cats later if I so wish. I'm not a fan of overly noisy exhausts so probably won't do the front end.

Joe

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
doober said:
it had 2 pipes exiting from 1 via a nasty looking y pipe.is this how the blueflame is configured?
so the 225 is ok, that exhaust looked nasty, really looked awful.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
doober said:
YELLOW_TT said:
doober said:
so the 225 is ok, that exhaust looked nasty, really looked awful.
I dont know what you've seen and dont have pics of the underneath to show you but this does branch as its a 225 so only one feed pipe then branches to 2 seperate rear silencers :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this pic, just does not look good to me.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
it alot more tidy now!!! cant see it when its on the floor like the miltek and BF

hope this helps :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not tryin to slag off anyones choices but the way the 2 pipes fit into that y fitting does not look the best.
is yours like this marky?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that does look nice dancey.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.