Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to purchase a stainless steel exhaust for my beloved TT, now which do i go for, do i go for back box only cat back or full system ?? dont really want to spend more that 400.. not quite sure where that leaves me, theres so many on the net/ebay im a tad confused..i want a nice sounding, slight power increase system.. would rear box do that? ive seen them for as little as 265, or do i need more, any helpfull advice welcomed.. oh and can i fit myself, or do you recommend for an extra 30 odd quid going to a exhaust/tyre bay.
thanks

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
off the shelf and easier to access is:
blueflame
miltek
magnex

do a search on those and for 400 notes, it's going to be a catback option

miltek for me looks too much like stock
magex, is nice, but on some angles the tail pipe looks maybe too big
blueflame, the tail pipes are good size, but the back box hangs low.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I'm in the same boat, and equally confused - especially by the apparent recent low quality stuff that Milltek are putting out. Another name to check out is Jetex, they seem to be a quality product.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
p1tse said:
off the shelf and easier to access is:
blueflame
miltek
magnex

do a search on those and for 400 notes, it's going to be a catback option

miltek for me looks too much like stock
magex, is nice, but on some angles the tail pipe looks maybe too big
blueflame, the tail pipes are good size, but the back box hangs low.
thanks, looks like im swaying towads magnex, at around 400 delivered, theres another called scorpian, but i think its non resinated, looks like from the pics theres no little silencer mid pipe, for £370 will that sound toooo ladish ? or do they sound nice without the mid little silencer?

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
Have a look on ebay blueflame some times put them on there direct with a buy it now price of £380

·
Registered
953 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Have a look on ebay blueflame some times put them on there direct with a buy it now price of £380
my mate bought one of these of ebay direct from blueflame £380,a 225 fitment and put it on his 180, because they supply a 180 to 225 fitment adaptor in the kit...its not noisy at all :) which is good but i think it sticks out to far compared to OEM one!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
have a look on the powerflow web site try to find a fittin centre round you.
they hooked me up with a full de cat exhaust with 4" slash cut tail pipes for £405 thats fitted. custom work so can make it sound as load or as quiet as you like mine has just the one silencer in the midle section and sounds and looks awsome

short sound clip gives kinda an idea of the exhaust note

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hi,

Heres a list of some.... :wink:

Didn't think it would be quite as long.....

Magnex
Milltek
Blueflame
Pipewerks
Scorpion
Apr
Borla(State side)
Sebring
Abt
GTT
Custom Powerflow
Forge IIRC
Remus
Mongoose
Powerflow
Jetex
Aps
OCT
Oettinger

Cheers
Bobski

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I had a miltek for 3 years, the tips went rusty, they cleaned up but still see spots even when polished, I gave that to Juber and he has used it for about a year I think unless he has passed it on, so the baffles are good quality,

I now have a blueflame, it sounds better and has more power in mid range, maybe this is because the miltek was getting old? Also the Miltek leaked from the mid section from day one I always had to get it done up at the tyre place.

I love the look and sound of the magnex

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stub said:
I had a miltek for 3 years, the tips went rusty, they cleaned up but still see spots even when polished, I gave that to Juber and he has used it for about a year I think unless he has passed it on, so the baffles are good quality,

I now have a blueflame, it sounds better and has more power in mid range, maybe this is because the miltek was getting old? Also the Miltek leaked from the mid section from day one I always had to get it done up at the tyre place.

magnex it is then :) with its 4 1/2 inch tailpipes !

now who knows the best priced place to get one ?? probably mail order as i dont think theres any resellers round my way in surrey ive found 406 inc del ..for this

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Stub said:

Yet another rusty Milltek. What's got into these guys? They're a sponsor of this site, there's lots of bad press about their exhausts floating around at the moment, yet not a peep out of them to explain if there's been a bad batch of metal or something. I think they're going through a seriously rough phase.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
mossi said:
Stub said:

magnex it is then :) with its 4 1/2 inch tailpipes !

now who knows the best priced place to get one ?? probably mail order as i dont think theres any resellers round my way in surrey ive found 406 inc del ..for this

that's the cheapest place i've found for them aswell. direct off ebay £391 and free if you collect which is what i'll be doing as i'm only 5 mins away.

Perhaps we could get a group buy to drop the price further?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
magnex it is, purchased today, awaiting del tomorrow or Fri, will then get it fitted and post some pics...
got it Aldershot, Euro Car Parts Ltd, 390.99 inc vat ! Bargain..

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
bobski said:
Hi,

Heres a list of some.... :wink:

Didn't think it would be quite as long.....

Magnex
Milltek
Blueflame
Pipewerks
Scorpion
Apr
Borla(State side)
Sebring
Abt
GTT
Custom Powerflow
Forge IIRC
Remus
Mongoose
Powerflow
Jetex
Aps
OCT
Oettinger

Cheers
Bobski
Forge no longer make an exhaust for the TT :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.